1st Christmas since Diagnosis...

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,
So, this has been my first experience of enjoying the 'Christmas festivities' as a diabetic (type 2) and my Bg checks have been slightly erratic. My morning readings were a little higher than usual, (around 6.2) and my readings about 2 + hours after my Christmas dinner were 5.8
So far,so good...
Later in the day, however, on both Christmas Day and Boxing Day I was enjoying the traditional buffet that we have each year at this time. I was eating in moderation, I thought. However, when I checked my Bg around midnight, my results were, 10.4 on Christmas Day and 11.1 on Boxing Day...
Looking back on the situation, I suppose our 'traditional' buffet needed to have been adjusted slightly, the home-cooked 'cocktail sausage rolls' and one or two other pastry products on display, were just too tempting for me...

On the other hand, this year there wasn't any of my wife's sherry trifle, otherwise those readings would have been much higher.
I was enjoying a mince pie until I noticed that there was 38.7g of carbs in each one!

I always get some chocolate turkish delights as a present...Looks like I can only have just a half of one every other day! :lolno:

Compliments of the season to you all.
Malc.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Malc

This has been my first Christmas since diagnosis too. I wasn't sure how to handle it at first. Then I decided to have Christmas day as a "day off from diabetes". However, it didn't work as planned cos Boxing day also became a "day off" as did Tuesday and today has been a bit on/off :oops: :oops:

I had reduced my testing prior to Christmas as I was eating all same foods on a daily basis and readings were good. I have just been doing random tests over the holidays and readings have been good considering what I have eaten. However, just discovered from another thread that I posted today that I should have been testing more frequently. Oh well, back to basics again for a wee while.

Won't make same mistakes this weekend.

Have a Happy New Year.

Marina

simply_h

Hello All,

Hope we are all well and fighting fit. :)

Christmas and the coming new year. I am only thinking out loud here and only my views..

Its also my 1st Christmas since being told, but I have kind of taken Christmas as a some what normal day with regards to food ect.. As I know what foods are bad and what are good.. So I kind of eat more of the good foods and only had a bite full of so called bad foods, so that I did not go with out ect..

Its just a thought for the future, as out health is very important and its not like we go "with out".

Only my view(s).

May I wish you all a Happy New Year.

Cheers
Simply_h
:D

sheep

Greetings all

This is also my first Christmas since joining the club and while i was tempted to misbehave i was good and did exactly what my Dietitian told me to.
Luckily for me her instructions have always been " eat whatever you want and take more insulin accordingly" terrible advice i think (with long term in mind) but rather handy at this time of year :lolno:

A happy and healthy new year to you all

Russ