1st consultant appointment coming up

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Hi guys so I've my first appointment with the consultant coming up this monday,any suggestions on the type of questions I could ask while there??

TooMuchGlucose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys so I've my first appointment with the consultant coming up this monday,any suggestions on the type of questions I could ask while there??

I guess, stuff you don't already know really. Driving, legal rights, any complications, importance of feet, how you need more insulin with a cold that stuff really. I had my first one a few months ago, but can't really remember what I asked so I'm not much help :p

Hope it goes well :)

Reactions: 2 people

silverbirch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could ask him what he thinks about low carbohydrate, high fat diet for controlling blood sugars. It would be interesting to get his thoughts on this topic. You could ask about mood swings, depression, attending a DAFNE course, what your blood test results were, i.e. has your pancreas completely given up producing insulin, or is there a honeymoon period whereby it still produces some insulin. I do hope you get time to ask all the questions that you need answers too. Can you please post on here how you got on. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people