2014/15 Football Season

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
Top four looks safe now - just the small matter of retaining the FA Cup to sort out ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
During the World Cup we had a thread going that was really good fun, some of the regular posters on that thread discussed a football thread for this upcoming season. I've been threatening to start this thread for a while now nearer the start of the season, and well, the season starts on Friday, there's a full football league on Saturday and the Community Shield is on Sunday.
I appreciate there are people who don't like football (weirdo's), and this thread isn't for them, but I checked with site admin a while back and they're happy with this thread.
The football teams that are supported by forum members, that I know about, are -
Me, @sanguine and @IncyWincy - the Mighty West Ham
@nosher8355 - Tranmere Rovers
@zand - Arsenal, Leeds, Forest Green Rovers
@Anie and @Aguila - Hull City
@Pipp - Everton
@Johnroy - Spurs
@Andy12345 - Chelsea
@Scandichic - Middlesborough
If I've missed any, my sincere apologies, if you want a shout out for your team let me know (or just post a comment!)

Banter is not only expected but positively encouraged, but, let's keep it in the spirit of the forum and make sure that it is not personal, nasty or downright rude.

Let's start by going with your predictions for the upcoming season.....
Welsh by Birth! Gooner by the grace of God :)

Reactions: 4 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh yes! I've actually got a ticket for my first ever FA Cup final!! :D I hope we win again!
I went to my first 1 in 77/78 v Ipswich. I dread to think how much I have spent following the **** since.

I only do away games now - hate the soulless bowl

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to my first 1 in 77/78 v Ipswich. I dread to think how much I have spent following the **** since.

Yes we only do away games too. Are you away travel scheme or just travel club? Did you go to the Burnley game? I loved the "is this the Emirates?" chants!

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes we only do away games too. Are you away travel scheme or just travel club? Did you go to the Burnley game? I loved the "is this the Emirates?" chants!
Me and my lad share 2 travel scheme memberships

As I'm up in chilly Jockoland we do the northern games and my mate does the southern games.

Didn't manage Burnley this year - oh what a lovely hole in the ground it is though!

Not done as many this year as normal due to health - Stoke, Newcastle, Sunderland and Swansea

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes we used to share 2 between us and our two sons. One son now can't afford it because he has bought his own house, so we went for 3 memberships for the 3 of us this year. :) I was at all of those 4 games and actually managed to climb the steps at Newcastle without needing a breather (first time ever!) We will be missing Hull and Old Trafford though :(

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes we used to share 2 between us and our two sons. One son now can't afford it because he has bought his own house, so we went for 3 memberships for the 3 of us this year. :) I was at all of those 4 games and actually managed to climb the steps at Newcastle without needing a breather (first time ever!) We will be missing Hull and Old Trafford though :(

Yea it is a bit of a trek up them stairs

We stayed over and had a great day/night - son is 21.

I did my best to keep up ;)

I'm missing Hull too as son is going to Tunisia on Monday :(

EIE

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Looks like Chelsea are almost there just need a win on Sunday and thats the job over at that end of the Prem. Looking like Burnley and QPR are coming back down.

Looking at the fixtures for Saturday we kick off our last match in the Championship at 12:15pm 1 place still to be decided will it be Derby or Brentford or Wolves in the play offs with

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment

What a bad start losing 1-0 Bobby Robson's super heroes. 78 final

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What a bad start losing 1-0 Bobby Robson's super heroes. 78 final
Yea was gutting!

They were in the old Div 2 at the time too!

Paul Mariner ripped us apart for the whole game....we did then sign Brian Talbot who went on to win the cup in the following year with us v the Mancs.

Again I was in attendance :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Last game of a really bad season for my club, was hoping that some of our youth would get a chance in our league game but Bury need a win and professionally we should try and stop them! But that hasn't happened all season has it? Gonna be a clear out in the summer!
Gonna be a bit strange tomorrow.

Still, hopefully, we won't be out the league for long and I'm looking forward to some good local derbies.

Not in the mood really for predicting. Couldn't, even, pick my nose lately!!!!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh well here we go the last game of the season today. Looking for a win over doomed Blackpool and hoping Rotherham will beat Leeds to put us above Leeds in the table.
League 1 finish tomorrow dont know whos playing who in the play offs yet.Hoping Sheff Utd come up this time they deserve it now.

Good luck to everyone else's teams today and to Nosher you will come back up mate dont be too despondent

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Last game of a really bad season for my club, was hoping that some of our youth would get a chance in our league game but Bury need a win and professionally we should try and stop them! But that hasn't happened all season has it? Gonna be a clear out in the summer!
Gonna be a bit strange tomorrow.

Still, hopefully, we won't be out the league for long and I'm looking forward to some good local derbies.

Not in the mood really for predicting. Couldn't, even, pick my nose lately!!!!

Chin up mate think positive youll be back next year

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saints are off to Sunderland this weekend.

On paper this ought to be an easy win but:

- Sunderland are likely to want to expunge the memory of this season's game at St Mary's, where the score was, ahem, 8-0 to the Saints :cool:
- Sunderland are fighting for survival in the Prem, so will be highly motivated
- Saints have a long and honourable tradition of cocking up even the easiest prospect

But I'm still going to stick my neck out and say 0-2 to the Saints, with Pelle continuing his current run to the tune of at least one goal.......

NB: Other - probably more accurate - predictions are available ;)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In other news, a cracking end to the season for Winchester City - finished second in the Sydenham's Football League Premier Division, and winners of the North Hants Senior Cup, albeit on penalties.

I say chaps, jolly good show, what? (This is Winchester-speak for "Howay the lads"!) :D

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As things stand Brentford have the last play off place. Meanwhile we tussle with Blackpool for the 3 points and Rotherham and Leeds locked in stalemate too.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh dear theres a pitch invasion at Blackpool in protest at the Oystons.Game stopped.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Pleased for Bournemouth taking the title, they deserve it.

Reactions: 3 people