2023 Successes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi!
Must admit I haven’t checked out if there’s a thread similarly titled! Sincerely hope that you’ll all indulge my “chuff-ness”

Having already experienced “reversal” of T2, in 2017 (diet, IF and exercise) then the absolute horror of watching all that hard work disappear with weight gain and ever increasing HbA1C readings………

With help from my fabulous DN, prescription for Ozempic, low carb diet, IF and 30 minutes exercise (Apple Watch monitored) a day - my latest test result is 39 (down from 53 in August) Oh and a 3 stone weight loss!

Lesson learned! Complacency no longer has a chance in my life! Determined to keep “eating to my meter” and maintain my new weight as best as I can!

Sincere thanks must go to my GP Surgery, who allow me to have test strips on repeat prescription! Most definitely a “must-have” in the arsenal to keep this condition under control.

Thank you for letting me share! I am recently returned to the forums (having been in denial for for quite a while) You’re all stars Reading of others’ experiences has really inspired me!

Best wishes to all for 2023 and for those battling to beat these demons! Onwards!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!
Must admit I haven’t checked out if there’s a thread similarly titled! Sincerely hope that you’ll all indulge my “chuff-ness”

Having already experienced “reversal” of T2, in 2017 (diet, IF and exercise) then the absolute horror of watching all that hard work disappear with weight gain and ever increasing HbA1C readings………

With help from my fabulous DN, prescription for Ozempic, low carb diet, IF and 30 minutes exercise (Apple Watch monitored) a day - my latest test result is 39 (down from 53 in August) Oh and a 3 stone weight loss!

Lesson learned! Complacency no longer has a chance in my life! Determined to keep “eating to my meter” and maintain my new weight as best as I can!

Sincere thanks must go to my GP Surgery, who allow me to have test strips on repeat prescription! Most definitely a “must-have” in the arsenal to keep this condition under control.

Thank you for letting me share! I am recently returned to the forums (having been in denial for for quite a while) You’re all stars Reading of others’ experiences has really inspired me!

Best wishes to all for 2023 and for those battling to beat these demons! Onwards!!
What an amazing post. Well done. It's not easy especially over the last 3 years with all the challenges that have been thrown at everyone. It would have been easy to continue to be in denial (your words) but you took the bull by the horns. And my goodness did you do that. Thank you for sharing. So inspirational.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pipp and EllieM

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just the kick up the backside I need, thank you.
I see my weight creeping up,
What kind of if works for you @shrinking_violet ?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just the kick up the backside I need, thank you.
I see my weight creeping up,
What kind of if works for you @shrinking_violet ?
I’m so happy to have provided a bit of inspiration!

While I’ve been losing my excess weight, I’ve found that OMAD works! If I feel I need a “bit of something” then 16/8 suits me. Have yet to figure out what will be best to maintain!

We are all different though! What works for me isn’t necessarily right for anyone else!

Good luck!!

Last edited:

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stunning result - so well done - your story will provide lots of encouragement for others.

• Agree
Reactions: Pipp

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, @shrinking_violet . Getting on the horse is one thing. Getting back on it a second time after a fall strikes as tougher.

One of the important things in your post, for others, is to understand that when things go adrift, it isn't end game, but adjust a situation needing a time out to address again.

Again, well done. Bask in the glory, but keep trim and carry on. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Pipp