5am Hypo Tired And Feeling Lonely.

Mia4554

Hi Mia and welcome to the forum (me being late as per usual :)). You are defo not alone there. I have a nephew (who I work with) BUT don't really like lol, who is T1D and my cousin, who I hardly see. I get a load of help and support from this group. Type 1 stars r us thread is amazing. Have a laugh and generally help one another out. I am also lucky with my girlfriend who (90%) of the time totally gets what I am feeling (BUT not how I am feeling) on times.

Hi Porl69
Thanks for the reply :) I have been having a read of the stars r us thread and it has definitely been cheering me up and making me feel much less alone

Thanks to all for the kindness and story sharing :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Old swimming training saying: When the going gets tough, the tough gets going !!

SHmano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,

You are not alone, I am also in the same line. Been Type 1 diabetic since the age of 7 on Insulin for the pst 46 years. The night time Hypos are nightmare. But they can be resolved easily. Emotional stress can have an effect on Insulin sensitivity. You are on the right track. Be happy and cheerful always. :)

Reactions: Mia4554 and Prem51

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi there,

You are not alone, I am also in the same line. Been Type 1 diabetic since the age of 7 on Insulin for the pst 46 years. The night time Hypos are nightmare. But they can be resolved easily. Emotional stress can have an effect on Insulin sensitivity. You are on the right track. Be happy and cheerful always. :)
Going onto an insulin pump was a life-saver for me regarding night hypos !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Mia4554, How is life ?
A friend of mine used to contact me occasionally and say: "Welfare cheque?" at which I would do
a double take until I realised his play on words.
So"Welfare cheque?" to you and apologies if you think something is in the post. !!

Reactions: LooperCat

Mia4554

Hi @Mia4554, How is life ?
A friend of mine used to contact me occasionally and say: "Welfare cheque?" at which I would do
a double take until I realised his play on words.
So"Welfare cheque?" to you and apologies if you think something is in the post. !!

Hi, doing fairly well thanks :) how about you?

Reactions: Prem51

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Great o hear @Mia4554. Today I hope to test the new flying fish kite design. It has been a long work in progress.
The last details are of course challenging and the breeze predicted this afternoon is a little higher than I would like for a test fly.
But if you never never go, you never never know. (A tourism slogan for visiting the Northern Territory of Oz).
Life will return to some semblance of normal on Monday.
If nothing else seeing the sea gulls bickering over the potato chips thrown to them is a reminder of the humorous side to 'struggle' of life !! Please keep posting and please remember humour is the best medicine. (even the 'sour' jokes).
Why do the French people eat snails?
Because they do not like fast food !!

Reactions: Mia4554 and Prem51

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@Mia4554, have you found or have some past times which occupy you and make life better for you ?