9 months on

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back from picking up my latest HbA1c result from my GP. Knew it was good when she greeted me with the word 'wow'!

From a starting point of 108 in December last year, I am now down to 34.

In the process I've lost almost 30kg (down 5 clothes sizes, which is costing a fortune) and normalised my blood pressure.

Finding and joining this forum was the best decision I made - the support and advice has been so helpful.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back from picking up my latest HbA1c result from my GP. Knew it was good when she greeted me with the word 'wow'!

From a starting point of 108 in December last year, I am now down to 34.

In the process I've lost almost 30kg (down 5 clothes sizes, which is costing a fortune) and normalised my blood pressure.

Finding and joining this forum was the best decision I made - the support and advice has been so helpful.

Goodness me - that is amazing and the best result I think I have seen. Well done to you! And publishing your note is really motivating. You should be really proud and have a bit of a celebration!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats, @Goonergal. Amazing results. Go celebrate -- you deserve this -- you worked really hard to get this far.

Greetings from Brussels tonight -- will be back home tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey @Goonergal when I read that all I could say was bloo*y hell. That is a magnificent achievement, the HbA1c, the weight loss and the BP. Inspirational. :)

Reactions: Goonergal