A curious but now good outcome

dipsydo

I have been on a low carb diet ( with a couple of blips for special occasions) since September and testing my bloods .

The good news is that my blood sugar has been going down from high 7 to 6's and 5's with the occasional high 4's . I also have been doing 16:8 and this seems to helped with my dawn phenoma which now only increases by about 0.2/0.3 between night and morning. However my weight was a difficulty . I had dropped from 16st 7lbs ( about 231lbs /105 Kilo) to 14st 7lbs (203 lbs /92kilo) and there I stuck for over 6 weeks . I did not know what to do as I need to lose another 2 st 7 lbs ..16 kilos. There seemed no reason why I was stuck and was getting a bit despondent but I had seen one of Dr Jason Fung's video ( thanks to this site ) which had shown a graph were blood sugar changed before weight so I tried not to worry.

Yesterday when I weighed I had lost 7lbs in a week so now 14st ( 89 kilo) so that is going in the right direction and only 2st to go..
I might have given up if I had not been reading this forum
Thanks all

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done for sticking to it throughout the plateau phase. You have done brilliantly:)