A "doh" question re testing after meals

banjo brunette

I think this is a bit of a daft question but I've been wondering...

If it's coming up to the time to test two hours after a meal and I have cup of tea or coffee in the meantime, will this affect my readings?

And while I'm asking daft questions, if I forget to do my fasting test first thing in the morning and then do it BEFORE breakfast but after nibbling a bit of the salad I'm preparing for lunch (a little piece of yummy-looking pepper, for example), will this affect my reading much? I always manage to crunch down on a morsel of something tasty and think "drat!!" and then I decide that I won't make that a test day.

Cheers, BB :D

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi BB, I'm a tea addict :p and the effect on BG is negligible, when I usually test 1 and 2 hours after a meal and often have a cuppa in between the tests. Nibbling a piece of lettuce won't be a problem either just keep away from the carby foods and you'll be ok.

Cheers
Graham

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
No question is a "doh question" if you want to know something! 8)

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Thankyou for asking that question, I've been wondering myself about the tea/coffee thing.

banjo brunette

I find in life that I have relatively little problem with the big questions but it's ALWAYS the little daft ones that get me :wink:
Cheers, BB :D

raydavies

I don't usually have a problem with questions, it's answers that often give me grief! All to often it's something I didn't want to hear.

Ray