A good diabetes clinic appointment today :-)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi guys

I went in to see Mr T and the first thing he said was " Hello, I'm so sorry to hear of what happened, I have just been reading through your notes, how are you now" I wasn't expecting that and he really looked concerned with empathy. We talked about what happened, the duration, care in the hospital, asked about if anyone mentioned how i would cope with the diabetes, injections etc and I told him why I wasn't happy with the care/treatment.
I had my 8 months diabetes clinic today and I was not looking forward to the 3 month blood glucose ( from August to November) and I had a really nice surprise, it was ................ 53, 7.0. I said to Mr T "really, it's actually 7.0." I was convinced in would be in the 8's, but so happy with 7.0 :-D My weight is 56.4 Kilos, 8 st 12lbs and blood pressure was good too. I have had a some low's on waking, so I am to reduce my night time Insulin from 12 to 11 units.
I also asked about getting a back up meter and I saw the nurse who gave me an Accu-chek nano, it's tiny and light to carry and uses the same strips as my Accu -chek Aviva Expert. Lovely nurse said if anything like that happens again :-( then to ring them ( or for anything else) and she gave me a card.
Such a caring and positive appointment today, so feeling really good, so I wanted to share the good news with you all.

Take care

RRB x

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys

I went in to see Mr T and the first thing he said was " Hello, I'm so sorry to hear of what happened, I have just been reading through your notes, how are you now" I wasn't expecting that and he really looked concerned with empathy. We talked about what happened, the duration, care in the hospital, asked about if anyone mentioned how i would cope with the diabetes, injections etc and I told him why I wasn't happy with the care/treatment.
I had my 8 months diabetes clinic today and I was not looking forward to the 3 month blood glucose ( from August to November) and I had a really nice surprise, it was ................ 53, 7.0. I said to Mr T "really, it's actually 7.0." I was convinced in would be in the 8's, but so happy with 7.0 :-D My weight is 56.4 Kilos, 8 st 12lbs and blood pressure was good too. I have had a some low's on waking, so I am to reduce my night time Insulin from 12 to 11 units.
I also asked about getting a back up meter and I saw the nurse who gave me an Accu-chek nano, it's tiny and light to carry and uses the same strips as my Accu -chek Aviva Expert. Lovely nurse said if anything like that happens again :-( then to ring them ( or for anything else) and she gave me a card.
Such a caring and positive appointment today, so feeling really good, so I wanted to share the good news with you all.

Take care

RRB x
That's nice. It makes a lot of difference when you feel people are on your side. I have my first appointment at the clinic next week. The last visits have been home ones because of my chemo. Keep writing and re-writing the list of questions !! :cyclops:

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
That's nice. It makes a lot of difference when you feel people are on your side. I have my first appointment at the clinic next week. The last visits have been home ones because of my chemo. Keep writing and re-writing the list of questions !! :cyclops:

Good luck for next week, fingers crossed for a positive appointment :)

RRB

Reactions: 2 people