A little good news Type2

Michelle_BBB

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
On day 9 of Metformin .
After two hours of eating breakfast my monitor was delivered so I tested and reading was 12.1, before medication it was 22.4, I have been extremely good with low/no carbs and zero sugar, so I’m getting there. Hopefully next week when I’m on 1500mg my readings should have lowered to a more suitable 7.5

Diabetic nurse was wonderful and my visit was not rushed, I’m still suffering headaches but I think I’m still detoxing so this needs improving lol. Drinking plenty of water and not very interested in sweet things although that could be psychological lol

kim2109

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done your getting there I too suffered headaches I think it was definitely a sugar withdrawal had them for about a month. My b.s readings started at 28 before medication I’m now on 2000mg of metformin per day and my b.s readings are between 6 & 8 I was diagnosed at the beginning of September with a HbA1c of 102 good luck with your journey

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On day 9 of Metformin .
After two hours of eating breakfast my monitor was delivered so I tested and reading was 12.1, before medication it was 22.4, I have been extremely good with low/no carbs and zero sugar, so I’m getting there. Hopefully next week when I’m on 1500mg my readings should have lowered to a more suitable 7.5

Diabetic nurse was wonderful and my visit was not rushed, I’m still suffering headaches but I think I’m still detoxing so this needs improving lol. Drinking plenty of water and not very interested in sweet things although that could be psychological lol

You are doing very well, so congratulations! :)

Try not to rely on your Metformin helping very much. It does very little to reduce blood sugars - it is zero sugar and reducing carbs that does that. Metformin helps to a small extent with reducing the amount of glucose your liver produces, and helping a little with insulin resistance. It also suppresses appetite. What it won't do is keep blood sugars down without a suitable diet. Diet is the key, so hopefully you can keep that up. Keep testing, keep drinking, keep recording what you eat and what your levels are before and after.

Well done!

Michelle_BBB

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thank you’s,
I rely heavily on a few other meds Bluetit1802, already on a heavy dose of fenofibrate to keeps my Triglycerides low, in fact I thought they may have helped keep diabetes at bay for a few years,? I’m more than happy for another life changing experience though and healthy eating is the way forward and a new me

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I expect you will find that your fenofibrate will reduce greatly with low carb, they did for me. If the test resuils show a large reductions ask your doctor if you need to keep taking fenofibrate, however don't stop it until you fenofibrate are at normal levels.