Type 1 A problematic situation

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As much as I am grateful for the response I was never so much in need of the support, because I am an arrogant ****. Oh and the world is only full of great thing for those who care enough to notice then unfortunately I have been past the point of caring for a long time.
My apologies

Why don't you care? A genuine question but maybe no easy answer.

If you're down, it's like being in a dark pit. You only see four walls, but if you can climb out, you'll see things I'd hope you'd care about. From the tiniest pleasure to the largest.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why don't you care? A genuine question but maybe no easy answer.

If you're down, it's like being in a dark pit. You only see four walls, but if you can climb out, you'll see things I'd hope you'd care about. From the tiniest pleasure to the largest.
'Unfortunately' I don't care because I am an emotionally and socially inept guy that fails to understand how people can get pleasure from the 5 basic senses that we as a flawed species possess. Sorry for the condemning point of view, but it is the only one I posses.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you get some sunny days...here's a rainbow to brighten your day.

13064528_1699947690257883_784075779272417295_o.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you get some sunny days...here's a rainbow to brighten your day.

13064528_1699947690257883_784075779272417295_o.jpg
This may sound cynical but, can I point out the irony in that in my last comment I mentioned that I fail to understand how people can get pleasure from within the bounds of our 5 senses. But I appreciate the gesture, thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you think you have never experienced pleasure? I think you owe it to yourself to exhaust all possibilities for an alternative resolution before you consider taking any definitive steps or harming yourself. Can you honestly say you have tried everything - have you spoken to any mental health professionals? Have you spoken to Samaritans? Therapy and/or medication might open doors to allow you to experience pleasures if you just give yourself that opportunity. Please don't close the door on the possibility that pleasures might be there for you.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
'Unfortunately' I don't care because I am an emotionally and socially inept guy that fails to understand how people can get pleasure from the 5 basic senses that we as a flawed species possess. Sorry for the condemning point of view, but it is the only one I posses.

Don't apologise for your honesty. But don't judge yourself by others' standards. One person's 'socially inept' guy is another's cool and sophisticated, right? It's your life and it's yours to lead as you choose. You don't have to fit in to a certain shaped person space. You're free to be uniquely you. That's what I wish I'd known when I was your age.

Expand your thoughts and don't let other people or society dictate how you should be or what you should do. You sound eloquent and bright.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you think you have never experienced pleasure? I think you owe it to yourself to exhaust all possibilities for an alternative resolution before you consider taking any definitive steps or harming yourself. Can you honestly say you have tried everything - have you spoken to any mental health professionals? Have you spoken to Samaritans? Therapy and/or medication might open doors to allow you to experience pleasures if you just give yourself that opportunity. Please don't close the door on the possibility that pleasures might be there for you.
What you say is very true, I have not tried everything, but of what I have tried nothing has worked, two suggestions you made I have not tried, the Samaritans and medication. The medication is a no go for me because of family history, but I might as well try the Samaritans. Although there are almost infinite other experiences to be had that could resolve my petty dilemma. They are opposed to just as many things which will not help. I set an end date of 06/06 because if I don't find anything by then there is just as high a likelihood I never will and so I might as well not hold others back with my presence, just for the slim possibility that I could find something 40 years from now.
Thanks yet again

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This may sound cynical but, can I point out the irony in that in my last comment I mentioned that I fail to understand how people can get pleasure from within the bounds of our 5 senses. But I appreciate the gesture, thanks.

We don't have to be happy and smiley all the time for many those may even be rare and fleeting moments, but that's why we try to cherish them. Cry if we need to, yell if it helps, we are human. Don't let sadness,despair or anger build their nest in your heart and overwhelm you.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Ben, you say you are past caring but also say that you don't want to hurt your family. Insulin overdose is a messy and awful idea, more likely to give you brain damage than release. Try your GP for counselling of you can't take medication. Get help.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks again for the responses I have just realised that I have not mentioned that I have been and am in the process of spoking to two councillors. My repulsive nature infuriated the first to the point where she recommended another. The current one still says after 8 sessions that she still doesn't know how to start. In terms of letting out emotions, I have no idea how to do this because I am indifferent because I 'cannot interpret my emotions'. Thanks again for the responses

Last edited by a moderator: