Accu Chek Aviva doesn't talk to the Smart Pix

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all, I just got in my hands a Smart Pix Interface for Roche
BG meters and tried to use it with my Aviva. Followed the instruction: so i pressed the arrow keys on the meter while having the strip connector opposite of the Smart Pix and tried to read.
All failed and on whe web interface after some time appears

No device found.
Prepare device and press [Read Device] again.

The interface flashes in the center. If I try to read the device again nothing happens and after some times the two vertical dot are flashing it reverts back to the error message.

I am missing something obvious? Any help is appreciated.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Don't know this device. But are you attempting to connect via a USB interface port?
If so & you have more than one USB port? Try using the same port you set up with? If your using a Windows OS n a particular laptop/PC it gets confused on the USB hub thingy....?!

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ihave found the problem.
The software version on the device was 2.0
I installed a Windows 7 application SmartPix-Software-2.2.1r01-web-it(01).exe downloaded in the Roche site. The the application proceeded to update dhe device firmware at the version 3.05.
It worked both the windows executable and the standalone web interface (At least in Firefox 50.1 for Windows)

I've also changed the PC and used the laptop because I tought about some Really Weird USB Quirks.

Problem solved!