Accu-Chek Aviva Meter Black Code Key

Frisco Fred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know where I can get a couple of the black code key(s) for the Accu-Chek Aviva meter? Accu-Chek says they no longer have the black code key available for customers.

Frisco Fred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your reply Hopeful34. I have two (brand new) Aviva meters and plenty of new test strips that are compatible with the Aviva meters but I need the black code keys to put them in working order.

• Informative
Reactions: Hopeful34

Frisco Fred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With a test strip inserted you get three blinking dashes across the screen under the date and time. If you attempt a blood glucose check with the strip in the meter nothing happens...just the same three blinking dashes

• Informative
Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you're in the uk, you're able to get meters on the NHS. If you're seen at a hospital clinic, I'd ask them, if not your diabetes nurse at the drs.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
What do accu-check say when you tell them that the new meters won't work without the code keys? (I agree it seems a waste to throw them out if they are fixable)

Frisco Fred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are outdated meters that are no longer supported by Accu-Chek but they are brand new never used meters. When they were first offered to the public they provided a black code key to insert in the meter that eliminated the need for a new code key for every new order of test strips. There were probably hundred of thousands of the black code keys produced and distributed with test strips but are hard to find now.