Acupuncture: Love to hear your views

drone

Hi.
This is a bit of an ask I'm afraid... :roll:

I'm a freelance journalist researching a feature about diabetes and acupuncture for a national magazine. I'd just like any views / experiences you can offer and anyone who is happy to chat - even better.

Thanks v much

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.

Attachments

• worms80.jpg
    worms80.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 390

Grumpy

I've been having acupuncture for ages (not for diabetes specifically, I was only diagnosed Xmas 08; thanks, Santa...) but she's now doing some work on the diabetes too. BS is dropping well, but I've upped my meds (metformin) and also been low-carbing so it's hard to know what's done what.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I would say upping the meds and low carbing has more to do with it than the acupuncture.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
I doubt anyone could persuade me to drop the insulin and hypertension meds in favour of it. But I did have it once years ago after I damaged my shoulder in a skiing accident. The pain relief was quite significant, and little else made much difference at the time.

It certainly has a place, as do many treatments for a variety of ailments, the trick is knowing which and for what. All too easy to be dragged into the "it is a wonder cure for all ills" fallacy.

drone

Thanks everyone for your replies so far.
I'm still delving into that can of worms at the moment:
Anything else people have to say - I'd like to hear.