Advice needed thanks

sheila_McN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi my name is Sheila I am new to this not sure how it all works I would like to know if the low carb diet really works for type 2 diabetes to reduce symptoms I have been diabetic for many years going through the process of tablets then jags now insulin would love advice

• Hug
Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum @sheila_McN , low carb diets do help many type 2s keep their blood glucose levels below the diabetic range. Personally I eat low carb plus Metformin, or more recently Victoza instead. There are many members here who just use diet alone. Carbohydrates turn to sugar once digested, so why fill your body with sugar when your metabolism can’t deal with sugar correctly?

• Friendly
Reactions: Trixie321

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In a simple answer YES, just look at the success thread on here.

Reactions: Rachox

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi my name is Sheila I am new to this not sure how it all works I would like to know if the low carb diet really works for type 2 diabetes to reduce symptoms I have been diabetic for many years going through the process of tablets then jags now insulin would love advice
I got my type 2 under control and my numbers into the non-diabetic range through low carb eating. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html is basically what I did. Just do be careful if you start low carbing when on insulin, because a hypo could be right around the corner. Test your heart out, basically.

And if you want more (medical) back ground reading, try Dr. Jason Fung's the Diabetes Code. He got people off insulin more than once.

If there's anything you need help with, let us know, there's always someone here with answers.

Reactions: Paul_ and Rachox