Advice on a campervan tv!

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, absolutely nothing to do with my t1 but I know you're all very knowledgeable :)

I want to get my dad a tv for his campervan - but I have no clue what I need!

I don't want to ask him as I'd like it to be a surprise for his birthday ... Are there any campers out there able to advise me?

Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just looked for 12v tv on ebay and bought a tv dvd combo, around £100. Got a £5 indoor aerial, all works fine apart from in some remote areas, but I use it for DVD's mainly and that works anywhere :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Rowan :)

Depending on how much he wants to use it, he could also stream from the internet, via iPlayer or ITV player, or via a gizmo like a Slingbox, which allows access to all his home TV (including recordings) over the internet. Sky and Virgin also offer such services, if he has their services at home. On that basis, he may just need an internet connection. There are now lots of very good, long distance wifi setups available, if he uses sites, or of course a true mobile connection.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi guys, absolutely nothing to do with my t1 but I know you're all very knowledgeable :)

I want to get my dad a tv for his campervan - but I have no clue what I need!

I don't want to ask him as I'd like it to be a surprise for his birthday ... Are there any campers out there able to advise me?

Thanks

Hi, what a lovely gesture and I'm sure he will appreciate your wonderful gift.

I found this and it may be of help in getting your purchase.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/commun...orhomes/buying-tv-for-vw-camper-van/rt/58153/

Best wishes and good luck RRB

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depending on how much he wants to use it, he could also stream from the internet, via iPlayer or ITV player, or via a gizmo like a Slingbox, which allows access to all his home TV (including recordings) over the internet. Sky and Virgin also offer such services, if he has their services at home. On that basis, he may just need an internet connection. There are now lots of very good, long distance wifi setups available, if he uses sites, or of course a true mobile connection.
Thank you AndBreathe - he doesn't do the Internet lol we've tried so many times! I player would blow his mind :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you AndBreathe - he doesn't do the Internet lol we've tried so many times! I player would blow his mind :)

My mother was the same. When my brother and I demo'd email to her, with laptops side by side, she was convinced it was so quick because the laptops were side by side.

Around then, we thought it best to leave well alone!

Reactions: 2 people