Advice on bg levels

Di Adams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
T2 8.0 this morning. :(

Posts moved from Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in the morning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
T2 8.0 this morning. :(

Is that before brekkie Di? Don't worry, you can bring it down. For me, 6.1 - very unhappy with that:(

Fasting until this evening.

Reactions: 4 people

Di Adams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that before brekkie Di? Don't worry, you can bring it down. For me, 6.1 - very unhappy with that:(

Fasting until this evening.
yeh before Brekkie, diagnosed in August 2015, no meds as yet. Dietician December also Diabetic Nurse December.
Have cut down on carbs etc. but finding it hard

Reactions: 2 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It can be tough at first. Usually the med given is Metformin to start off but what people don't realise is it's not a magic bullet, it doesn't drop levels by very much at all, but can be helpful if diet is changed too. Which bits are you finding tough?
By the way, your numbers are higher than what you would probably like, but they are certainly not off the scale. Don't worry - all will be ok:)

Di Adams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It can be tough at first. Usually the med given is Metformin to start off but what people don't realise is it's not a magic bullet, it doesn't drop levels by very much at all, but can be helpful if diet is changed too. Which bits are you finding tough?
I have a Hiatus Hernia, so certain foods affect me, I get so very very tired.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Which foods affect you? Sure we can come up with something that will help, there are quite a few of us on here with medical conditions that affect us. And don't worry about the weight just now, one thing at a time x

Di Adams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Which foods affect you? Sure we can come up with something that will help, there are quite a few of us on here with medical conditions that affect us. And don't worry about the weight just now, one thing at a time x
Its mainly dairy and some spicy foods, I ate a couple of boiled eggs yesterday and they upset me. I have lactose free milk in Tea and Coffee and cereal, but I dont drink much either. also sometimes with the hernia, food does not digest very quick

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting levels are usually the last to come down so I wouldnt be overly concerned. What are you levels like during the day.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Its mainly dairy and some spicy foods, I ate a couple of boiled eggs yesterday and they upset me. I have lactose free milk in Tea and Coffee and cereal, but I dont drink much either. also sometimes with the hernia, food does not digest very quick

I used to have a hiatus hernia. It's all carb related. Spicy foods will do it no good, it's another food non starter, just as spuds and grains are for me. I don't do dairy also makes me vomit!

My hernia got better because I changed my lifestyle to low carb, losing weight and getting control of my blood sugars.
It is one step at a time. Firstly reduce your starchy and grain, rice, pasta, sugar intake and ease into smaller plate sizes, eat the non carby foods that you like, even if it's every day, just have a little less.
If you can just do a little more walking each day after eating, this helps with lowering your blood glucose levels. And any exercise even if it's chores is good.

Take it easy ,a little bit at a time, just keep reducing your carbs a little bit every day by Christmas you may be able to enjoy your Christmas dinner!

Di Adams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting levels are usually the last to come down so I wouldnt be overly concerned. What are you levels like during the day.
Hio Sorry not gor back, My levels during day vary from middles sixes to anywhere in the 7s