Advice Please

Domoniques

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
Couple of things my skin on fingers , and feet started to peel then nothing now have itchy spots on leg , shoulders and peeling skin on bottom of feet and patches that peel on my face . my doctor put me on higher dose of metformin now 2,000mg a day some times on the loo very loose . do you think this is all connected to being diabetic , I am not good at keeping my bloods on tract or even eating correctly .

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Loose stools can be a side effect of metformin especially at higher doses. You are at the maximum dose of metformin now at 2000 mg per day. Are you taking them with meals or split up at specific times of day? How long have you been diagnosed Diabetic? What are you eating?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
Couple of things my skin on fingers , and feet started to peel then nothing now have itchy spots on leg , shoulders and peeling skin on bottom of feet and patches that peel on my face . my doctor put me on higher dose of metformin now 2,000mg a day some times on the loo very loose . do you think this is all connected to being diabetic , I am not good at keeping my bloods on tract or even eating correctly .

I'd give your doctor a call. It could be something completely unrelated to,your diabetes. You've mentioned spots so that could, for example, be a rash due to an infectious illness, or it could be caused by any number of things.

Speak to someone and get it looked at.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Yes, I agree with Azure also-the skin issues could be unrelated to Diabetes although skin issues are very common with Diabetes and your doctor could better evaluate them.