After eating to satisfaction i get hungry very quickly

Emmansund

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone please I'm diabetes type 1 I live on insulin but there is one symptom DAT I'm now experiencing now no matter d larger portion of food I ate overnight by early next day I will be hungry again what can cause this

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone please I'm diabetes type 1 I live on insulin but there is one symptom DAT I'm now experiencing now no matter d larger portion of food I ate overnight by early next day I will be hungry again what can cause this
Hi @Emmansund , welcome to the forum.

What are your blood sugars usually like? High numbers can make you hungry because you aren't using the nutrients.
When are you getting hungry? In the middle of the night when you should be sleeping or simply by breakfast time?

Emmansund

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The stomach is full at night after eating dinner but by next day d stomach would have been empty

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't get hungry in d middle of d night but early in d morning
Most people eat breakfast because they are hungry in the morning, sounds pretty normal to me.
Are you worried about this hunger?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not gaining weight
Are you losing weight?

If you are neither gaining, nor losing weight, perhaps you are actually hungry. Being full, doesn't always equate to being nourished.
If I am going through a hungry phase, and don't want to gain weight, I try to increase my proteins or fats a little, rather than carbohydrates. I do that partly because I live a lower carb lifestyle, and partly because carbohydrates,in some people, can lead to hunger pangs as the carbs tend to be digested more quickly than the proteins or fats

• Informative
Reactions: MommaE

Emmansund

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you losing weight?

If you are neither gaining, nor losing weight, perhaps you are actually hungry. Being full, doesn't always equate to being nourished.
If I am going through a hungry phase, and don't want to gain weight, I try to increase my proteins or fats a little, rather than carbohydrates. I do that partly because I live a lower carb lifestyle, and partly because carbohydrates,in some people, can lead to hunger pangs as the carbs tend to be digested more quickly than the proteins or fats
Thanks

IncogKeto

Could it be thirst? Sometimes that can make a person think that they're hungry. Try drinking a lot of room temperature water first thing - leave it to warm up overnight.