all is not well

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I spent the first 27 hours in a chair as there were no beds available, but now I am in the respiratory ward.
An awfully long wait, but one I know oh too well.

Sorry that you needed hospital treatment, but agree with @Antje77 as counter intuitive as it seems, hospital can be the best place to get a little restful peace, from the world.

And another big up for advocating more vocally for yourself.

A tad cliche, but you truly are worth it .

If we don't stand up for ourselves,
Who else will.

And who would have as vested an interest as ourselves ?

Gather such notions in, as shields for the battles ahead.

( If it helps, I stopped being as concerned how people see me.

I will at times, do what I do and put myself in a bubble where no one else is really there.

I feel Insulated from others view of me
Or at least their opinions of me.

And the truth is, most do similar or just don't care enough to look or comment.)

Thinking of you & wishing you all the best .

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

An awfully long wait, but one I know oh too well.

Sorry that you needed hospital treatment, but agree with @Antje77 as counter intuitive as it seems, hospital can be the best place to get a little restful peace, from the world.

And another big up for advocating more vocally for yourself.

A tad cliche, but you truly are worth it .

If we don't stand up for ourselves,
Who else will.

And who would have as vested an interest as ourselves ?

Gather such notions in, as shields for the battles ahead.

( If it helps, I stopped being as concerned how people see me.

I will at times, do what I do and put myself in a bubble where no one else is really there.

I feel Insulated from others view of me
Or at least their opinions of me.

And the truth is, most do similar or just don't care enough to look or comment.)

Thinking of you & wishing you all the best .
What a wonderful post!
In my thoughts and wishing you all the best that I can express my feelings.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lucy,
I haven’t posted on this thread for a while, mainly because I don’t have much to say - I don’t have the words.
but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been thinking of you, and wishing you well, and hoping hard.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry Lucy and sending you loads of virtual hugs. Take good care of and look after yourself x

• Agree
Reactions: jjraak

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am back in hospital. I went in on Thursday with a chest infection. My left lung is surrounded by pleural fluid and has collapsed. I am being looked after and comfortable. My infection is being treated so then they can try to drain my left lung and reinflate it. They are also sorting out some meds for my anxiety. I feel safe and cared for, which is also helping my husband to cope.

I spent the first 27 hours in a chair as there were no beds available, but now I am in the respiratory ward. They have also given me an infusion to help bring my blood calcium levels down, as they were dangerously high.

I am learning to be my own advocate, to communicate clearly and based on logic and reason, and be gentle but insistent.
How are you and the family doing?
I’m hoping you’ve made it back home and have gotten some relief by now. Have you been able to get a plan in place for your ongoing care and emotional support?

As ever hugs and good thoughts being sent your way, wish I was close enough to visit (big assumption on my part you’d even want that lol)

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How are you and the family doing?
I’m hoping you’ve made it back home and have gotten some relief by now. Have you been able to get a plan in place for your ongoing care and emotional support?

As ever hugs and good thoughts being sent your way, wish I was close enough to visit (big assumption on my part you’d even want that lol)
i am home, after being in hospital for 12 days. I have my first oncology appointment on the 27th Feb. I still cant eat as i have no appetite and feel full after a few mouthfuls. I am keeping my fluids up. I would love to have you visit if it were possible xxx

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i am home, after being in hospital for 12 days. I have my first oncology appointment on the 27th Feb. I still cant eat as i have no appetite and feel full after a few mouthfuls. I am keeping my fluids up. I would love to have you visit if it were possible xxx
Glad to hear you got sometime in hospital, they can be noisy at times and hope you managed to get some rest and they were able to support you.
Fluids are good and hopefully some appettite will return.
Wish you well and some peace.