all is not well

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you. I am very tired now and spend much of my time in bed. I have lost a lot of weight. At least I don't have to think about my blood sugar levels anymore. Your messages mean a lot to me.
Words fail me today!
I am afraid that because of mine and my wife's issues, which don't even come close to yours @lucylocket61, I have not kept up with this thread. Which I apologise for.
You just keep posting and replying to posts, your contributions are always sensible and logical. You, I know will battle through this and Godspeed your recovery!
You will be in my prayers tonight.
Best wishes.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
I hope you are comfortable Lucy. Glad you are not worried about your blood sugar levels.
Thinking of you x

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Thank you. I am very tired now and spend much of my time in bed. I have lost a lot of weight. At least I don't have to think about my blood sugar levels anymore. Your messages mean a lot to me.
So glad to see you posting again.

I really hope things go as well for you as they can and you continue to find silver linings when you can (eg not worrying about bgs).

Your messages mean a lot to many many of us forumites.

All my best wishes and hopes for you.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Words fail me today!
I am afraid that because of mine and my wife's issues, which don't even come close to yours @lucylocket61, I have not kept up with this thread. Which I apologise for.
You just keep posting and replying to posts, your contributions are always sensible and logical. You, I know will battle through this and Godspeed your recovery!
You will be in my prayers tonight.
Best wishes.
Unfortunately the immunotherapy didn't work so nature is taking its course. Your prayers are welcome.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I check every day for updates and think of you often. I am sorry to see your sad news and I hope you are comfortable and as pain free as you can be x
I am comfortable, pain is minimal. I am scared at times, but ok. My husband is reading the Little House on the Prairie seriously to me in the afternoon and that helps too.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There is an episode of 'The Big Bang Theory' when Amy has a version of ' Little House...' Where Sheldon goes back in time to see her..... It is very funny!

I'm trying not to imagine what is going on in your house..............!

My thoughts and prayers as per......!

Laineybod

I am comfortable, pain is minimal. I am scared at times, but ok. My husband is reading the Little House on the Prairie seriously to me in the afternoon and that helps too.
While I am sad that this is happening I am glad you are comfortable and the pain is well managed. I too had an image of your husband sitting all stern while reading. Thank you for replying to me, I hope you are surrounded by love x

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @lucylocket61 , it's been a while since you posted and I was thinking of you.
I hope you're doing as well as can be, considering your circumstances.

Sending good thoughts your way.
Thank you. Nothing much has changed. I am thinner, slower and still can't eat. I am being kept as comfortable as possible. It's a strange existence, like I am not really alive anymore.