Allergies to tapes used with Medtronic sensor

Annie02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I know that this question has been asked several times but does anyone know of any waterproof tape that’s not hypoallergenic as I seem to get a rash from Medtronic oval tapes?? I’ve tried hypafix but also had a reaction also tried the ones Medtronic sent me instead of the oval tapes. Another point I just can’t manage not to over stretch the tape I’m using which pushing the sensor too close for my skin again resulting in a rash once off skin is ok.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried asking your DSN for something like the Cavillon barrier spray - whilst I don't have an issue on my arms (which is where I normally put my sensors), if I use the sensors or infusion sets on my stomach it goes lovely and red, thus needing the barrier spray

Reactions: Annie02

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried asking your DSN for something like the Cavillon barrier spray
Or buying some yourself? My DSN does not give me anything apart from the pump and suggestions. I have to fund my own tape, barrier spray, etc.
I found Hypafix tape better than Cavillon spray but I know someone who found the combination of the two worked for them.

Annie02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have you tried asking your DSN for something like the Cavillon barrier spray - whilst I don't have an issue on my arms (which is where I normally put my sensors), if I use the sensors or infusion sets on my stomach it goes lovely and red, thus needing the barrier spray
Thank you very much for your reply and to answer no I haven’t use the spray but you also said that if you use your arms that you don’t have the redness I will try to see if I can manage the arm again as I fell my stomach could do with a break.

Jess1D

Hi, try skingrip. I had bad reaction to the tape they provide with the guardian 4 sensors (very red & sore skin) moved to Skingrip- no problems at all & they stay on so well
I get them from Diabetic supply

Reactions: Prancy

Annie02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, try skingrip. I had bad reaction to the tape they provide with the guardian 4 sensors (very red & sore skin) moved to Skingrip- no problems at all & they stay on so well
I get them from Diabetic supply
Thank you for that suggestion I’ll try anything to see if it’ll work

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So, is the adhesive for the sensors used for G4 different than G3?