ally1,s BS levels

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
looking good. If you post your foods we could maybe help some more and offer alternatives etc.

Reactions: 4 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
am getting a bit more variety re foods
breakfast tends to be bacon and eggs
lunch 7.1 after 8.7

Reactions: 7 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
bluetit, i will start testing before bed from tonight
Ally

What you should be looking for in the "before bed" reading is that you are not so low overnight that your liver will react by releasing a lot oh glucose in the morning. That is why I suggested a late snack as well.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
lunch is usually a salad and supper is usually meat and veg

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Brilliant Ally... Do you think your new eating which you've done for quite a while is sustainable forever?? Of course there will be occasions of blips like xmas....

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I admire you Ally. Now its colder I'm turning away from summer salads..I'm loving soups and crustless quiche and frittatas ect. Salads not filling me up enough. Also making lots of stews and the like..chicken onions leeks and mushrooms done in a pot in the oven with veggies. No more carbs but warming and filling...what do you do for your tea with meat and veg?

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still having mostly salads for lunch as I can stick them in a box when we go out. I tend to have a decent cooked breakfast so lunch is usually smallest meal of day. If I am home, I have homemade soup or the crustless quiche though mine has a ham crust usually as I line quiche dish with slices of ham. dinners I tend to stews or curries at this time of year and serve with veg or salads- if you make a big pot you can get a fair few meals out of it and it spares cooking every day. I don't mind having same thing a few days running- just mix up the accompaniments.

alliebee

What a great idea lining quiche with bacon or ham!! Utterly brilliant. Going to try this as love quiche and it makes enough for 3 days! Thankyou :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
pre tea 7
after 10
i did have a lemsip an hour before the after testing

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thats the only thing i had in the house, so reluctantly took it
never again

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,ve just pre booked an appointment with my gp for the 9th december, thats the earliest appointment
i will try ringing in the morning but its impossible to get thru sometimes and when i do the appointments are always gone
my diet has changed for the better but i have noticed my fasting levels in the morning are always around 12/13 and over the past few days, my levels have risen

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thats the only thing i had in the house, so reluctantly took it
never again
Hi ally, I use the black currant lemsip and the say the have 5.something grams carbohydrates which I don't think is too bad so as long as you don't add sugar you should be ok with them.

Good luck eith getting an earlier appointment with your dr.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,ve managed to get an appointment with my gp this afternoon. though the receptionist didn,t like it when i said it was important and said it was none of her buisness why i needed one

Reactions: 14 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ally, I think there are some sugar free lemsips available if you ask the pharmacist, but I bet they are revolting.

Did you remember to test last night before bed?