Almond flour

Maddiemo1

I'm looking for a apple crumble recipe made with almond flour topping. Bought a big bag of organic and can't fine any good recipes. I love apple crumble but don't want to waste it as its so expensive if the recipe doesent work out.

Defren

I can't eat apples they spike me, but I do make rhubarb and strawberry crumble, try this, just swap the rhubarb and strawberries for apple. This is the recipe I always use, so I know it works.

200g Almond flour
250g rhubarb
100g strawberry's
20g Splenda
60g softened butter

I stewed the rhubarb in the splenda until soft, then put it and the strawberry's into an ovenproof dish. I mixed the almond flour and butter until it resembled breadcrumbs, and covered the fruit mixture. It cooked at around 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes. I ended up serving it with lashings of single cream.

Reactions: 2 people

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Defren said:
I can't eat apples they spike me, but I do make rhubarb and strawberry crumble, try this, just swap the rhubarb and strawberries for apple. This is the recipe I always use, so I know it works.

200g Almond flour
250g rhubarb
100g strawberry's
20g Splenda
60g softened butter

I stewed the rhubarb in the splenda until soft, then put it and the strawberry's into an ovenproof dish. I mixed the almond flour and butter until it resembled breadcrumbs, and covered the fruit mixture. It cooked at around 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes. I ended up serving it with lashings of single cream.

Will be making one post haste....

Maddiemo1

Well made the crumble today and have just eaten some. It wasn't bad but cut everything in half as I'm the only one that will eat it.
I think I didn't put enough apples in it was very dry, or it might have been the almond flour I bought, it wasn't blanched flour and it said fat less. I will be doing it again will have some for breakfast. Will give it 6/10.

gazzerg

Asda, Tesco, Holland & Barrett, Aldi..... its not labelled as 'flour' by the way, its just finely ground almonds. Find it in the baking section normally

Reactions: 2 people

Maddiemo1

I thought that was different all together. So that is the same as almond flour? I buy mine on line and it cost a fortune, I know that the ground almonds are a lot cheaper so will try that next time.
Do you make a lot of things with ground almonds if yes what do they come out like?

nannyg123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
whingers
Oh my days! Just typed in stewed rhubarb on ask a question search and came across this recipe. Have baked first rhubarb of the year today (chopped up in large glass dish with can diet coke - cover with foil and bake approx 1hr). Made normal crumble for OH and dished up my plain stewed rhubarb to have with Greek yogurt for pud, but thought I'd check forum for a crumble recipe and there it was! Got last tub of last year's strawberries out of the freezer and made it in a flash. It's cooking now and I can't wait Thank you!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App