Amazing

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@sheepie123

I am on Metformin and I have definitely had hypos. It was in the days when I exercised like a made person and before I had the level of control I have now and it happened several times when I out-exercised my body's store of glucose. I agree that its unusual and hasn't happened since I stopped exercising like that but I have heard of other diabetics having hypos while taking Metformin.

I expect that if you had done nothing and just rested, your body would have sorted it out its self, unlike someone on Insulin. I think what you had is no different from any runner "hitting the wall".

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry @ringi

But my personal experiences contradict a lot of your post.

We've got a few threads in the Reactive Hypoglycaemia section of the forum where several of us discuss our experiences of this.
:)

Remember the question was asked by someone with Type2.

lindisfel

Expert
Best not to be too dogmatic ringi. I am Type 2 with Reactive Hypoglycemia, diet controlled, no meds and I used to have hypos in the mornings and afternoons until I stopped eating carbs. Derek

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

What we diet control Type 2/pre-diabetes needs to be aware is that we still tend to have a robust and amplified insulin response to a high carbs meal, especially when we have restored some insulin sensitity. And this is likely one of the most common cause of hypo/hypo-like symptoms. It typically happens 3-5 hrs after a high carbs meal.

For me some strong tea has similar effects.

Here is a recent Libre chart that showed the sharp rise and fall of a spiky meal.

upload_2017-7-12_14-29-57.png

Reactions: ringi