Another bad scare...

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I'd been on another busy shift, forgot the insulin again and decided to wait till I got home. Though I could have something to eat after a bolus, and do the basal later in the evening. I fell asleep sitting on the lounge and woke up 6 hours later drenched in sweat and feeling very poorly.

Took myself to hospital, I presented with a bgl of 32!! Spent the night there and was released the next day. It appears I missed another bolus a slept through the period when I should have had Lantus! I think it's time to change jobs.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Your job sounds stressful as far as I can gather. Work to live not live to work is a good motto. Take care.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@leslie10152 this has to stop. Take your insulin. Stop hurting yourself. Stop posting about this foolishness and expecting us to be nice when you repeatedly do this to yourself.
Take the injections, live a better life.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@leslie10152 . Life is about priorities. Your life should be your number 1 priority.
Take a moment to consider. No one ever earned a living from being dead.
Take care.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@leslie10152 do make more of an effort to remeber your insulin. You seem to have repeated hospitalisations with high blood sugar as a result of having forgotten your insulin. One hospitalisation should really be enough to make you realise it isn't something you can forget. If you can't be relied upon to remember your insulin is there somewhere at work you can leave a couple of spare insulin pens? Can you pack your bag the day before, ensuring you have all your supplies? Can you set reminders on your phone to make you check you have insulin? Can you stick a post it note on your front door telling you to check you have your insulin before leaving the house?

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
32, wow I can't even imagine. Mate if you don't change jobs the current one is going to kill you! No job is worth sacrificing your health. If you can, take some time off to try and get your diabetes back under control. I would also suggest making an appointment with your doctor to discuss your current medication and whether something else would be more suitable (insulin is great, but it only works if you take it...) Get well soon, high blood sugar is no fun!