Another New Member

igbandy

Hi people,

My name is Andy live in South Staffs, And last Friday I was diagnosed with type 2. My Dr signed me off for 1 week, I am to see the practice`s Diabetec Nurse on thursday morning.

I am overweight, but I have an under active Thyroid (being treated with LevoThyroxine), stomach problems (being treated but I have forgotten what the meds are called) and also two damaged knees :oops:

I managed to stop smoking last week, and not touched any choc since last thursday.

I am trying to sort myself out, and I realise its going to be a long haul. Hopefully this forum will help :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
This is where help is offered and knowledge passed on. The rest depends on you.
Ask questions, and they will be answered to the best of our ability. Give us information and ask for comments and you'll get them. We LIVE the experience and a couple of us even did go to medical school. Others also had a good level of education in biological subjects. We have a "resident" dietician, who comes in for much abuse.
in other words, whatever you want from us, just ask

chocoholic

Hi Any and welcome aboard. As hanadr says, you will have lots of different folks with different opinions on the forum, so hae a good browse round and stay with us.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya andy,
welcome and stick around,ive learnt lots from here,
i too have an underactive thyroid and tummy probs lol
take care
amanda :D

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
Hey Andy, I'm new today too - everyone's been really lovely :)

I'm still waiting for results of the thyroid test, so we could be thyroxine buddies lol ... it's all good fun isn't it?!

hugest congrats on giving up the fags and chocolates in one go - wahey for you :)

xxx

igbandy

Thankyou everyone :)

Jem welcome here you are 8)

My Thyroid is working apparently (about time!), trying to help my body out with the type 2.

As for giving up the fags and choc, I seem to be craving choc more. Last fag I had was last Friday and I did not enjoy it at all, that told me I had to stop.

Lifes a rich tapestry apparently, looks like I have lived it a bit too rich.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
It's the total lack of sweet Swedish cider I am currently mourning. About ten million spoons of sugar in each vast bottle ;)

I think I lived that life with you ... I'm down to about 3 fags a week (YAY) and zero alcohol *GO US* which I guess I have to stick at until old age ... to make the "average" unit values about right hahaha

Wooohoooo "Andy's thyroid" ... shall we name him?

HAve a good night,

Jem xxx

Graham55

Hi Andy, and a warm welcome to the club,
You have made a good choice comming to Diabetes.co.uk there are so many people hear who have been there and done it and realy know what there talking about and in the very rare times they dont know im sure they will point you in the right direction.
I came hear a year ago and wow i realy got a great deal of help and advice that so helped me get controle.
There seems to be one thing on this site, ASK. Dont worry about you thinking its a stupid just ASK. :D :D