Another newby

Luckydave

Hello there-new to the forum,looks to be a good source for advice.I'm type 2 diagnosed 10 years now not been a "good" diabetic but since 2 week stay in hospital foot problems was an eye opener i.e how easy it is to lose a limb I'm trying harder :wink:

ChocFish

Hello Dave

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you have been having so many problems.
Tell do you test your bg and what is your Hb1ac like? What is your diet like? I hope your foot has healed properly now, I have also ignored my diabetes for a long time and developed some complications, and it was also a real eye opener for me, people around me kept telling me and warning me of what would happen, but I still didnt take notice, silly me.

Anyway things are never too late and I hope that you too will be able to fight back to good health, it can be done you know.

Read around this forum as much as you can, ask any questions you have, I can assure you that everyone in here is caring and supportive and will do their best to help you through.

Have you read the books by Dr Bernstein The Diabetes Solution and one by Dr Charles Clark The Diabetes Revolution? If not do try to get hold of them, the book by Dr C Clarke is easy to read, it has some good recipes in there too.

I wish you all the best

Karen

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya dave,
welcome to the forum :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Dave.
You know the theory and have come round to the practical??