Another problem with my pump...any advice?

Fryertown2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the advice! I fill the cartridge upwards but don't think this can be the problem as it's only when I disconnect and only in the infusion set. Just seems very strange it's starting after 2.5 years if using the pump and not changing how I do anything. I have also changed boxes to check it's not the batch that is the issue. Think I'll just have to put up with it and deal with the stress and anxiousness.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it as I've found accu chek very unhelpful in terms if returning calls and offering advice.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have just had my pump exchanged again and sending back sets... For them to investigate.. Do you know what batch of sets you were using?

If you have problems after 2 1/2 years.. I'm very exact... I know when there are probs other than me.

It is hugely important that problems are reported... The cannula on my sets were actually detaching from the plasters AND the pump onky decided to occlude after 5 set changes and 14 hours later.. Including 1 change of everything...

Fryertown2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
DonnelleysDogs thanks for your last message, I think your right as I know it's not me so it's got to be the pump. I'm now getting bubbles all the time for no reason. I changed the cartridge - there were no bubbles, got my husband to check then today loads in the cartridge and tube.

So frustrating as it's hard enough to manage your diabetes along with everyone's normal day to day issue and responsibilities! I have 1 year old, preparing to go back to work and Rheumatoid Arthritis to name a few!!

I'll call Accu chek again today and if I don't get anywhere I'll call my DSN.

Thanks again.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
When I phoned accuchek and gave yhem details of these sets that were giving me probs.. They daid we've had no reported problems with this batch number.

Thing is, unless we know it's us because the blood or hurt with the sets, then problems like this should be reported to the pump manufacturers. Otherwise they live in their cuckoo world of everything being perfect.

The other thing I noticed (i have long tubes) that the bubbles when priming did not go through in one smooth flow, they were stop start stop start.. So it (I believe) was delivering insulin in to my body the same way...

Tell them the batch numbers of tubes and sets...and the probs.. They will listen...and record...