Anti-Cancer Drugs & Diabetes.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
lovinglife said:
I am so very glad that you are coming out of the other side of this ok Cugila - you are an amazing person and a great source of info and no nonsense advice on this forum - I know I missed you on the days you didn't post and appreciated it so much on the days you did - it takes a special kind of person to put others before themselves when times are so tough. Well done on winning your fight, but then I never doubted you would - you seem a tenacious b****r :wink:

I wish you good health and good times for years to come - and thank you for all you do on here - you are an inspiration to me when the going gets tough - THANK YOU! :D :D :D

Lovinglife..........that's my mantra !! Me too, for as long as possible. My inspiration is people like yourself, those I can help as I pass through this life. THANK YOU. :D

As for being a tenacious bu**er........you better believe it. :wink:
Ken.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
but then I never doubted you would - you seem a tenacious b****r

I could also use a few other choice words to describe him, but I won't go there! 8)

Nigel

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
noblehead said:
but then I never doubted you would - you seem a tenacious b****r

I could also use a few other choice words to describe him, but I won't go there! 8)

Nigel

Cheers Nigel.......you are soooooooooo kind !! :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Ken

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
cugila said:
Cheers Nigel.......you are soooooooooo kind !! :wink: :twisted: :lol:

All joke apart, good to see you come out the other-side, keep fighting and all will be well! :)

Nigel

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I did not see this thread till now, Ken. I trust you will go from strength to strength & return to health & fitness.

Thanks for keeping on with the forum. Your contributions are always helpful.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Thanks Ian. Much appreciated.

Well just another update........I have as I said finished the treatment and so far all clear. Since April I have been working on those levels. I ended up having hypo's every single day in the evening about an hour after my meal. I use Byetta and I had had to go on Metformin in the morning again and take a Glic as well. This controlled my morning and most of the day levels to within 10 - 13 mmol/l most days. Not good but infinitely better than what I had before ! :(

I tried every trick in the book to get those levels lower, even resorting to no carb meals. Just didn't work at all. So I had to start thinking 'outside the box.' I have a great supportive Diabetic Team. Endo and SDSN who spoke with me frequently, let me just pop in when I needed advice. Spoke to them by phone even when away on a Holiday. Amazing people. True Heroes.....

We came to the conclusion that I was overmedicated now at certain times of the day, mainly evening. This is because of three things,
1. Side effects of all the drugs and treatment,
2. Byetta was working too well, and
3. Because I had lost so much weight the natural Insulin I was producing was more than adequate to cope with my evening meal. The decision was made to reduce my Byetta from 10ug down to 5ug, cut out the Glic (80mg) and only take Met in the morning ( 2 x 500mg). This has helped me considerably and my levels are dropping although I still have days where they seem to have a mind of their own. An ongoing process but things are looking up. :D

I feel so much better, had a looooong Holiday with good friends and worked my socks off just trying to get fitter. I had done nothing for nearly 7 months. I still have to be monitored for a long time yet but the last test showed that I was clear. People now tell me how well I look rather than before, "You look tired," or " You do look ill !" That in itself has helped me get over all this. The 'feel good' factor.

I am sure that those that really know me know that I am back here and posting as normal. That will continue till I decide to call it a day or they carry me off......funny farm probably ! I still have to deal with those who 'take a pop' at me. Those who want me gone from here. Well.....keep trying, gets the old Adrenalin going again. Water off a 'duck's back'.....if you'll pardon the expression ! (in-joke ! ) :lol:

I have had fantastic support from many members, old and new, Dan, (Admin) and the special person who I cannot thank enough........my partner in crime.....Sue (sugarless sue). She is a gem, a true friend and one wonderful person. She stood by me throughout all my trials and tribulations and became my tower of strength. When I was at my lowest she supported and helped me through it all. Thank you doesn't seem much really Sue......but from the bottom of my Heart it is truly meant. :wink:

So back to the story......life seems good again, has meaning, a purpose and is definitely real good !! :D
So....in the words of a famous little pig.....That's all Folks !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

Ken
aka cugila
Forum Monitor :twisted:

Dippy3103

Ken,
Just wanted to wish you all the best. Wish I had the words that didn't sound hollow when I say I truly hope you are on the mend. I have never met you but am in no doubt that you are an amazing guy.
Dx

Beav

Dislikes
Alcohol
You are defo one person to look up to. Been through it all man!

Well done for keeping strong!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
John, Are you about anything except injecting NADs? all of your 3 posts seem to be trolling that!

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....I've not been on here very long and have just read this thread......you are obviously well liked on here Ken, I'm not surprised at all, you sound so positive and strong. Keep well....:)