Any Ideas?

jopar

I'm sure this isn't diabetic related..

I regularly get a jerking action in my legs... I will be sitting or lying still and all of a sudden I get what I can only describe as a feeling like a electric shock then my leg jerks, sometime slightly other times pretty powerfull. Sometimes I can feel as though I have a electric charge building up and I know that my leg is going to go, but if I try to stop it the worse the jerk action is!!

There nothing that seems to start it, no connection with any exercise or physical activity it can happen anytime... Sometimes I go through periods where it is really bad, then it quittens down there no rhyeme or reason to it..

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
They are called Myoclonic jerks,Jo,and are a pain in the neck,well legs!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus

I get them ,usually when I am relaxed and just about to drop off to sleep.Quinine can help if you really need it or just get up and walk about ,preferably on a cold floor.

Trinkwasser

sugarless sue said:
They are called Myoclonic jerks,Jo,and are a pain in the neck,well legs!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus

I get them ,usually when I am relaxed and just about to drop off to sleep.Quinine can help if you really need it or just get up and walk about ,preferably on a cold floor.

Oh yes I get these occasionally, just exactly on the verge of falling asleep when I literally jerk awake. Often it's my stomach muscles that twitch and try to make me sit up. Reminds me of a Billy Connolly sketch about the corpses in a mortuary sitting up and farting . . .

My ex used to have them more often. Once she kicked me so hard she nearly broke her toes.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
ah the ol' restless leg syndrome!!

I get that when im in bed trying to go to sleep!

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
I get that quite bad, but I've had it since before I can remember, my wife first noticed it when I was 19 :shock: (I'm nearly 50 now)

Now for the not so good news for you, if you cut out alcohol and caffeine they almost go away, and I've only found that out in the last couple of months or so :shock: I drink very little alcohol now and only de caff tea. The other things that help is to cool your feet and legs down, like lift the covers off or take your shoes and socks off if not in bed.

Trinkwasser

lilibet said:
My ex used to have them more often. Once she kicked me so hard she nearly broke her toes.

trink
Thats her story and she's sticking to it :lol:

<G> I don't know who was more scared. Usually I would feel her twitch gently as she fell asleep but this one was WHUMP!!! Neither of us knew what was happening. It was the wrong time of month for her to be kicking me deliberately.

I get that quite bad, but I've had it since before I can remember, my wife first noticed it when I was 19 :shock: (I'm nearly 50 now)

Now for the not so good news for you, if you cut out alcohol and caffeine they almost go away, and I've only found that out in the last couple of months or so :shock: I drink very little alcohol now and only de caff tea. The other things that help is to cool your feet and legs down, like lift the covers off or take your shoes and socks off if not in bed.

Good point about the caffeine. She couldn't drink it after mid afternoon. Normally I drink it up to bedtime (ADD) I might try giving the late night cuppa a miss, see if that helps any.