Any mothers who managed not to get induced?

saretta

Hello, I'm looking for mothers who have managed to avoid being induced early despite being diabetic. I've already been told by my obgyn that I'll need to be induced, in spite of the fact that my control is good (between 4.3 and 5.5). I'd like to hear from women who have managed to have a natural birth and what their approach has been. I should point out that I'll be giving birth in the States, where there is a different medical system, but any advice could help.
thanks

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Saretta, I've had two children - my first made an appearance on his own before I got to the date at which I was going to be induced, and with my second I was allowed to go until 2 days before 40 weeks before I was induced, in the hope that baby would come naturally. The only reason they let me go so far with my second was because my control was good and the scans showed that baby was 'normal' size. Unfortunately my second baby was very stubborn and even when induced did not want to come out so I ended up with a CS. If I were you I would argue the point, especially if scans are good as well as your control. Of course, the safety of you and baby should always come first.

Good luck!

Lucie