Any type 2 people on insulin ?

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put a post up the other day but not under type 2 thread. My diabetes nurse thinks insulin.would be a good choice for me . There is no confirmation yet that I am.not still type 2. Anyone on insulin and how is it working for u ? Im nervous of needles etc but Im thinking it will make for an easier life .Love to hear if anybody that has gone on insulin and how it is working for you ,thanks :)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou :)@catherinecherub!I will check.it out

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi sobeit I'm type 2 and been on insulin for about 2 wks it has help to control my surger by lowering them to single figure

Reactions: 2 people

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Nooch1 thanks for your post .Glad its going well for you :)! I began on insulin yesterday.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
yes, I'm type 2 and on insulin. I use apidra for bolus (with meals) and lantus for basal. It has worked very well for me but then it would've anyhow as when I was placed on insulin it was because they found I no longer produce hardly any of my own. So insulin made a huge difference. I still have my ups and downs as dealing with other illnesses also... but overall I'm much happier being on insulin. I'm sure you will get over the needle phobia quickly. I was too quite nervous about injecting at first. I tell you once I did that first injection it was like a switch in my head that clicked to say this isn't scary after all and I have to do this all the time to help me live a healthy life. I can inject 5 times a day sometimes... but usually it's about 4 times. I do feel like a pin cushion... but I just alternate where I inject in my stomach. Also I tend to use one side for my bolus and the other for basal... i think that is more of a security thing for me to know I'm using the right insulin as well.... I've just made it a habit. I've had one accident with insulin to date... but I was fine.

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been type 2 for many many years and inject twice a day. Please don't worry about it because your Nurse will show you the places to inject, where you don't feel a thing, I promise you. I was scared stiff with my very first one and had to phone my Nurse to give me some reassurance before I actually put the needle in - no probs after that. Best wishes,

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using insulin for one year. Insulin is no doubt very affective to control blood sugar level. There are nerves under our skin. Whenever you inject insulin in your
Tummy, if it hit a nerve then very painful. Otherwise no pain. You will get use to it. Very simple. No need to worry.

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes, I'm type 2 and on insulin. I use apidra for bolus (with meals) and lantus for basal. It has worked very well for me but then it would've anyhow as when I was placed on insulin it was because they found I no longer produce hardly any of my own. So insulin made a huge difference. I still have my ups and downs as dealing with other illnesses also... but overall I'm much happier being on insulin. I'm sure you will get over the needle phobia quickly. I was too quite nervous about injecting at first. I tell you once I did that first injection it was like a switch in my head that clicked to say this isn't scary after all and I have to do this all the time to help me live a healthy liife. I can inject 5 times a day sometimes... but usually it's about 4 times. I do feel like a pin cushion... but I just alternate where I inject in my stomach. Also I tend to use one side for my bolus and the other for basal... i think that is more of a security thing for me to know I'm using the right insulin as well.... I've just made it a habit. I've had one accident with insulin to date... but I was fine.
Thanks @Mep,Im getting used to it.And on a positive Im glad to not be taking the gliclazide anymore...Glad its going well for you.Thanks for your reply .I like your profile pic :)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using insulin for one year. Insulin is no doubt very affective to control blood sugar level. There are nerves under our skin. Whenever you inject insulin in your
Tummy, if it hit a nerve then very painful. Otherwise no pain. You will get use to it. Very simple. No need to worry.
Thankyou for replying and yes Im getting used to it.Its not that difficult really once you get over the mental block. I just need a bigger handbag now to carry around all the extra bits and bobs! :)

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been type 2 for many many years and inject twice a day. Please don't worry about it because your Nurse will show you the places to inject, where you don't feel a thing, I promise you. I was scared stiff with my very first one and had to phone my Nurse to give me some reassurance before I actually put the needle in - no probs after that. Best wishes,
Thanks for your kind words. Its great to have people on here to support and reassure ..My diabetic nurse is great too :)! Im trying to keep focusing on the positives.I had a hard time coming to terms with getting this condition but Im getting there! :)