Anybody who knows where to get cheaper CGM equipment

ingerd

I have been using the CGM equipment (Guardian Real-time) for a couple of month, and i am very happy about it, as i never before have had such a good control with the Diabetes (Type 1) BUT the sensors are extremely expensive 65USD(42 pounds) each sensor. As I have no possibility to be covered by any insurance it is hard for my economy to continue. At the moment i get the sensors from Thailand, as I live in South East Asia, but could get them from any other country / company if they are cheaper. Does anybody have an advice ?
Ingerd

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
ingerd said:
I have been using the CGM equipment (Guardian Real-time) for a couple of month, and i am very happy about it, as i never before have had such a good control with the Diabetes (Type 1) BUT the sensors are extremely expensive 65USD(42 pounds) each sensor. As I have no possibility to be covered by any insurance it is hard for my economy to continue. At the moment i get the sensors from Thailand, as I live in South East Asia, but could get them from any other country / company if they are cheaper. Does anybody have an advice ?
Ingerd

Not to sure about this but suspect you wont be able to do this. I seem to remeber reading somewhere the the USA and English sensors or equipment were not compatable. So look into this. I also think the prices are the same where ever you go (expensive)