Anyone else get a strange feeling when they're hungry?

JacquiMorrison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm T1 and have been for almost 16 years but recently whenever I'm hungry or not ate in a while I get a strange feeling like almost travel sickness. Sometimes a small burn feeling in my throat, chest and stomach. Don't know if it's diabetes related so just want to see if anyone else gets this?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Gotta ask this question... What are your blood test levels during these syptoms..?

Reactions: JacquiMorrison

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I used to get a feeling that I wasn't in my body when I was on humulin m3 and that was once and I guess my blood sugars were really low as I was out and it was as if I was dreaming and when I shook my head it was back to normal and I used to get them symptoms due to me smoking and as I still smoke I get a stronger antacid tablet to take and I don't suffer now but I did and I was popping antacid tablets down like they were sweets

JacquiMorrison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used to get a feeling that I wasn't in my body when I was on humulin m3 and that was once and I guess my blood sugars were really low as I was out and it was as if I was dreaming and when I shook my head it was back to normal and I used to get them symptoms due to me smoking and as I still smoke I get a stronger antacid tablet to take and I don't suffer now but I did and I was popping antacid tablets down like they were sweets

I smoke. Think that might be it?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Normal, like 7/8

Hi,

The reason i asked was the "hunger travel sick" feel.? Sometimes I can get that if unfortunate to drift too high.
An acidic wine can occasionally do it for me too!

JacquiMorrison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

The reason i asked was the "hunger travel sick" feel.? Sometimes I can get that if unfortunate to drift too high.
An acidic wine can occasionally do it for me too!

Yea I get the same feeling if my sugars are too high and if I'm in target but hungry