Anyone having issues with pharmacy supply of Fiasp Insulin?

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I left a script for Boots pharmacy in Horsham for Fiasp Insulin on 6 July. On the 12th I went in and there was no Fiasp and the pharmacy said they were having supply issues. I basically used up all of my Fiasp and then went in today 24th July. Again no insulin.
As my situation was urgent they gave me Novorapid.
I think Boots have been extremely irresponsible here as I had spoke to them several following up on my insulin and letting the pharmacist know that I was running out.
It is so hard to get a GP appointment or a diabetic hospital appointment. Today is Sunday and going to a walk in hospital would not have been any better.

Im not sure how to handle this situation tbh as a pharmacist changed my insulin.

They also used an excuse that their fridge had been broken yet they were still able to dispense Novorapid.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There have been issues with NovoRapid cartridges. I wonder if Fiasp is being prescribed as an alternative.
I do not understand how Boots have been irresponsible by giving you insulin when you are running short. Like Fiasp, NovoRapid is a fast acting insulin.
What did you expect a trained pharmacist to do? Give you no insulin?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe the Novorapid was in a different fridge to the Fiasp? I'd rather be given Novorapid that's been properly stored than Fiasp that hasn't IF that's the case.

Kimheidi1

I have had no issues at all getting Fiasp other than that the full prescription couldn’t be collected in one go, I just had to go back and collect the extra couple of vials a few days later, that was also be a boots pharmacy. I hope this was just a one off incident for you.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Put my order into Gp via NHS app yesterday. Chemist texted at lunchtime, today, all ready for collection. Fiasp and Tresiba included.

billybadger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I'm having problems getting Fiasp. Had a prescription request approved on the 21st of August and have been back to the pharmacy several times in the intervening fortnight to be told 'it is coming in tomorrow/after the weekend', but it doesn't seem to ever arrive. I'm on my last cartridge now so will check again at lunchtime today and request Novorapid if it is still unavailable.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, I'm having problems getting Fiasp. Had a prescription request approved on the 21st of August and have been back to the pharmacy several times in the intervening fortnight to be told 'it is coming in tomorrow/after the weekend', but it doesn't seem to ever arrive. I'm on my last cartridge now so will check again at lunchtime today and request Novorapid if it is still unavailable.
I ordered Fiasp on Wednesday and, on Friday received a text to say it is ready for collection.
No problems with supplies here.

Seaquest

Hi YES I have had a roughly 4 week delay between handing in my usual repeat insulin Scrip and they have just phoned me to say I will be receiving insulin this week...I am not receiving what I ordered .Its the same pork insulin but they couldn't obtain the 3ml pen cartridges so I am back on the syringe with 10ml vials..This has become a regular occurrence so there is obviously issues some of the time .They advise you do not stockpile Insulin.I would Ignore that advice..

baroque541

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Now (21/7/23) there is a problem with supplying Fiasp. Two branches of Boots were told there is a manufacturer problem, but did not know what it was. I looked online and saw that there is a problem with the vials for 100 units/mL solution for injection, but that it is expected to be resolved by the end of July. They also said 'it is an unusual insulin' but maybe that is just here in Northern Ireland - can't imagine why.