Anyone know a decent rice substitute ?

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have u tried the knew craze... miracle noodles/rice. There's no carbs in them they are made of some kind of fibre. And per pack there's about ten calories. U can get them in boots or the health shops. They taste ok if u add flavoring to them.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Have u tried the knew craze... miracle noodles/rice. There's no carbs in them they are made of some kind of fibre. And per pack there's about ten calories. U can get them in boots or the health shops. They taste ok if u add flavoring to them.
Do you have a link?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
So'k just Googled and having a read ....

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ps.... If ur by a Holland and Barrett they are on offer at the moment ☺

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Have you tried them all? Are any better than the others? Am interested in trying tehm but keep reading that they taste like cardboard or are very rubbery..

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I buy the 'eat water' brand. I find if u have them on there own they haven't got any taste what so ever and yes they are a tad rubbery. But I usually add different vegetables to them and some soy sauce and tomato puree or bolanese sauce. Whatever u fancy really. With those added u don't notice the rubbery texture. Add if it saves loads of calories and carbs I'm all for it. Littrally u can have as many packets as u like and it will have absolutely no affect on ur BP. Plus they are very filling. They have a rice version or there's different pasta and noodles. If u look on Holland and Barretts website there all on there.

Reactions: 4 people

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One thing tho. When u first open them they smell of fish a bit. But it says to rinse them well and it goes. And u cant taste it

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Photo

Attachments

• 1423956078979.jpg
    1423956078979.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 159

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I will give them a try.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, I'm going to try them too! I've seen some of the low carb stuff on Amazon but it's ridiculously expensive, so will take a trip into the nearest town in the week, luckily we have a Hollan and Barrett there :)