Anyone know which one to choose?

elliesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya all well been to hospital I'm allowed pump should be fitted up and running by March given to 2 choices the Animas vibe or the minimed 640G I don't know anyone on a pump don't know which one to choose both seem the same but maybe you users might know more pros/cons of each thank you Alison

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sure either would be good :) Those are the two I chose between, having ruled out the Insight.

I went for the Vibe, largely because I prefer the Dexcom and so when I'm financially able, I have the option of getting that for myself. I also judged that the Vibe was more robust (my opinion after reading many reviews), I preferred the Luer sets as they're universal, and I liked the intuitive menus of the Vibe. I also preferred the look of it.

Can you handle both pumps and see which you like? If not, try watching videos on YouTube and reading as much as you can.

As you read, identify what are the most important features for you.

They're both good pumps, so you won't go wrong whichever you decide to go for :)

Reactions: elliesmum

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Watch some YouTube videos about each, gives you more of an idea of what they look like and what the interfaces are like.

I have a Vibe and if given the option I would probably stick with that choice. Dexcom is a lot better than Enlite in my experience.

ljmercer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If possible, I would recommend the Ypsomed Omnipod. You say it hasn't been offered to you, but if you enquired about it, I'm sure they could offer it to you.

I chose this particular one because it is wireless; it's a lot less hassle. It's reliable because the only fault I had was when the handset was 2 and a half years old (I got told that I did well to get that long out of it) and Ypsomed replaced my handset within a day.

The Omnipod is also so easy to use, both for children and adults. I've had it for four years now - since I was 13.

I hope this helps