Anyone on Simvastatin unable to sleep?

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Diabetes!! People who dont understand. Being overweight and hungry.
Its 1.30 am and Im wide awake ...again.
Ive been on Statins since the end of Feb and if Im honest I sometimes forget to take them, but Ive noticed for the last few weeks or so Ive not been able to sleep and Ive regularly been awake to see the sun come up. I put it down to being ill and not doing much durin the day to wear myself out, and then sleeping durin the day where Ive been getting so tired. But today I went to work for 8, so Ive been up since 6.30, I finished at 2, went and got a few bits, came home at 3, had dinner, spent a few hours with the baby parrots, watched a few TV programs, settled down, and yet again sleep eludes me, and Im getting really fed up of it now. The last time I laid awake all night was when my depression was bad, but that was because my brain wouldnt shut off and stop thinking about stuff, but now my brain just wont relax like Ive had too much caffiene or something (but I cant drink it, so thats not the case). Elp?? Im gona start hooting in a minute and I really shouldnt be a night owl. Taaaa

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Go back to your gp and mention this to them, it could well be the Sim and if it is then they change you onto an alternative statin.

Defren

I'm also on Simvastatin, and I can honestly say I sleep like a baby. That said we do react to medication in different ways, so a visit to your GP may well be the best solution.