are we paranoid and how much do genetics play a part?

jessie01

how much do genetics play a part with diabetes.
i have just been diagnosed type 2 or they think is late onset type 1, i have 2 uncles one type 1 one type 1 and a half brother who is pre diabetic, i have a step daughter whose type 1 was diagnosed 12 years ago at around 2ish, my daughter ( she is 3, and half sister to my step daughter) has been wettng herself badly over past 3 months now after havng been dry since start of year, initially she had a urine infection had antibiotics but carried on wetting herslef since. she also drinks a huge amount and through nite. she has had clear urine tests since infection but nothng it stopping the wetting. i took her back to gps again ths week who found trace of blood in her urine and something else, not glucose ketones or protine not sure what it was, shes back on antiboics but seems to be more of a precaution and her urine has been sent to lab. should i be confidant that there being no glucose and urine mean that she is not diabetic and its not the cause of her wetting etc. i have done 2 random blood glucose readings last week. one was 7,8 on was 8,9. is it ok for a tollder to be over 7 like that?
my oh is very concerned as they had such a hard time getting his daughter diagnosed all those years ago when she finally was diagnosed she was very very thin and very ill, x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Wish you luck with daughter..
Genetics.. Mine runs down my mums side of family.. Male.. Female.. Male.. Female.. Alternating on each generation.
I hope you have some luck with gp with ur daughter..

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
donnellydogs.

Thanks for this post, how interesting to read it has alternated on
each generation within your mothers side of the family.

All my health conditions I have are relevant to my mothers side only
I find this fact both amazing and shocking :shock:

Anna.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Me too.. Shame really cos my mum is still alive and she gets the brunt of my feelings sometimes.. Blaming her for the bad genes... Unintentional, but sometimes.. Say when I got told I had neuralgia in my face recently.. My mum said.. 'ooohh your nan had that' so it sort of just came out from me... 'so thats another bad gene I have from you!!'.... Sounds awful .. Said with humour though..

Funny how genes work... My 2 brothers both in their 50's never had anything wrong.. All fell to me..I expect theres others like this too..