babies heartbeat

chris4981

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all Ive been trying to post our babes heartbeat on here (just for reassurance) but it wont let me do it any ideas? I recorded it on my iPhone then put it on my computer, but when I'm trying to upload it, its not there to pick up :-/

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't think you can upload media files directly to this site, Chris. Coukd that be the problem?

You may have to upload it to another site eg Youtube or similar and then put a link to it here.

I hope that helps. I'm no computer expert!

chris4981

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
oh ok azure that maybe why then, have u got an email address azure? or are u on facebook? you have helped me a lot on here and would appreciate your advice

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm one of the few people in the UK not on Facebook : D You're very welcome to send me. Private Message (PM) on here, but if you're worried about anything in particular you shoukd check with your midwife or consultant.

I know how stressful the early part of pregnancy is - well, all of it actually!

If you're looking for general info about the fetal heartbeat, there's some help here:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/normal-fetal-heart-rate-chart.html

The heart rate can vary eg if baby is sleeping or moving it can slow down or speed up. If you're listening yourself remember that there are other sounds in the womb eg the rush of blood through the placenta, which can be mistaken for the fetal heartbeat. I watched some videos online to see how to find it and they gave me an idea of what it should sound like. But again, if in doubt, check with a medical professional.