Back on track

Bows

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have spent the last 3 years out of control with managing my type 2 condition. My mother died and have to say I just thought sod it. Piled on 3 stone and now feeling scared. Yesterday was the first day in 3 years where I have not eaten crisps,sweets etc. Have purchased another testing kit but a little worried about the results it will give me. Hoping I can stay back on track this time. Thanks everyone

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back to it! It’s understandable you drifted away given difficult circumstances but great that you’re returning to it, whatever your meter shows it’s sure to improve as you put the sweets and crisps behind you.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Every day is a new day, your very next meal is a chance to make corrections.

Bows

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back to it! It’s understandable you drifted away given difficult circumstances but great that you’re returning to it, whatever your meter shows it’s sure to improve as you put the sweets and crisps behind you.
Thank you

Reactions: danziger

ViolaterUK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have spent the last 3 years out of control with managing my type 2 condition. My mother died and have to say I just thought sod it. Piled on 3 stone and now feeling scared. Yesterday was the first day in 3 years where I have not eaten crisps,sweets etc. Have purchased another testing kit but a little worried about the results it will give me. Hoping I can stay back on track this time. Thanks everyone

I am in the same boat buddy.

I started back last week and shared it here for the help and support.

I lost 5kg this last week (I'm a big chap so always get a good initial loss when I go clean) and my avg blood sugar have been around 7.6 which I'm happy about. Previously this was in double figures!!

You can do it, one day at a time! I'm following a kind of keto diet, so reduced carbs, avoiding anything sugary and just reviewing weekly to see how it affects my bloods and weight and adjusting where I can.

Happy to help or support if you need but you deffo took the first step posting it! I know that has helped me this past week!

Reactions: LaoDan