Type 2 Back to work and now struggling with my sugar counts.

Bighans

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars
Went back to work in April this year as a home shopping driver after a long period off work to being ill with PTSD, Diabetes and an operation which went wrong.
Now the question, before I use 80 units of Llantus and 3 times 20 units of Novorapid, my levels averaged 7. Now they are anything between 8 and sometimes over 15. Help from Gp is next to nothing and I am really scared now should I lower the dose of Llantus or stay the same?

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have no knowledge of insulin but didn't want to read and run. Can you contact the dn at the surgery instead of the gp? I can leave a message and it usually gets answered. Never by a gp, bt the dn will get back.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went back to work in April this year as a home shopping driver after a long period off work to being ill with PTSD, Diabetes and an operation which went wrong.
Now the question, before I use 80 units of Llantus and 3 times 20 units of Novorapid, my levels averaged 7. Now they are anything between 8 and sometimes over 15. Help from Gp is next to nothing and I am really scared now should I lower the dose of Llantus or stay the same?

Hi @Bighans ,

With the help & coordination with your HCPs, you would need to focus on what your Lantus (background) dose is doing with a basal test.. https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/
Start from scratch to adjust....
Then start looking at your insulin to carb ratio with the Novorapid dosage..
Looks like your DSN or GP has given you a fixed mealtime dose of Novorapid. Do you carb count for the meals.? There is a personal insulin to carb ratio involved with injecting Novorapid for meals.. Especially a fixed recomended dose by your HCPs.

Hope this helps!