Bad day![emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Bad today with my levels woke up on 12.5 corrected 09.38 12.6 before breakfast before lunch 16.3 corrected had omelet just egg no insulin, after went for 25 min walk didn't turn down pump, tested 14.37pm 16.3 corrected then 16.14pm tested 17.1 changed set insulin site etc, did 25mins in gym strength machines 16.3, drove home 19.24pm 13 only just had dinner little while ago back 17.4 give up!!!! Everything eaten weighed etc

Reactions: tircoed

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Awful day, sometimes you find if you wake up high it messes with the whole day, if I were you I'd do a few checks throughout the night @Tracyann35

Good luck.

D

Deleted Account

I find if my BG is tha high, I need to double my insulin (and test lots) to bring it down.
I also have a feeling, but can't remember where I read it, that exercise is not recommended at high BG because it will be tough and potentially raise your BG higher.
I hope things are better tomorrow.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you know why you woke up at 12 or is that completely unexpected? If so, when you changed site did you use a fresh vial of insulin?

If you eat when you are at 12 then you aren't giving the correction a chance to work. I'd bolus and wait until under 7 before eating. This might take a couple of hours if up at 12.

For me, an egg needs bolusing for pre eating and then again 3 hours later. If you aren't eating carbs your body needs to get energy from somewhere and it will do this by turning protein into glucose. Egg is a nice super concentrated bit of protein and will raise blood sugar.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No not that I know of anyway!

Just seen your other thread that you started today @Tracyann35

If it's not a pump/site issue and you feel well then it might be worth sticking a TBR on until your bg levels settle down again.

More often than enough I find when this happens it's an infusion site issue, if matters don't improve ask for your DSN's input. Good luck.

Reactions: Tracyann35

Shadowkelsey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bad today with my levels woke up on 12.5 corrected 09.38 12.6 before breakfast before lunch 16.3 corrected had omelet just egg no insulin, after went for 25 min walk didn't turn down pump, tested 14.37pm 16.3 corrected then 16.14pm tested 17.1 changed set insulin site etc, did 25mins in gym strength machines 16.3, drove home 19.24pm 13 only just had dinner little while ago back 17.4 give up!!!! Everything eaten weighed etc

Hey i sometimes have this problem and i re - locate my canula site and start a fresh always seems to work also use a pen to correct and tell the pump you have corrected using the pen see of that helps it go down

Reactions: Tracyann35

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks slightly better still getting some pretty high readings so will see how it goes!