Bad Day

Sam5350

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a rough day at work today and at lunch i took myself out for a walk. Started feeling light headed...probably should have eaten before i went out. I gave in to temptation in Subway.....

Not good...bad Sam. Normally i would beat myself up pretty badly which would set off my need to confort eat.

However...as the afternoon wore on i thought...no...i am not going to give myself hell for succumbing. Instead i am going to say draw a line under it and move on. By the time i got home i was determined to stick to the BSD800 again. Tea was an omelette with a bacon medallion and salad.

Feel better about myself tonight for not succumbing to giving myself a hard time and for not triggering the comfort eating cycle.....maybe i needed a slip like this to also change my mind set on how i deal with slip ups.

Other lesson learnt....eat before you go for a walk lol.

:)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the way @Sam5350 stuff happens and best not to over react. You've done really well.
:)

Sam5350

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks only half way through my second week too lol.

Hows Fife...i miss Scotland :)

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Sam 5350 hi why not treat yourself every now and then yes diabetes is nasty but we can't let it rule our lives completely.all the best and take care.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Subway? That's a sandwich shop?
I can't see that as a 'treat' - though it shows how long I have been eating low carb.
Now a roast chicken or a leg of lamb - I can resist anything but temptation.
The Lidl protein rolls are good and don't spike me, and I am so sensitive to carbs, so I think that they will be safe for most people, and you know when you've eaten one of them.

Reactions: Ultramum