Bad news, Granose Nuttolene no longer available

Moogie1947

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am having a moan here, just my luck :(
Having recently started using this Granose Nuttolene product - a tinned peanut based protein for vegetarians which is also low carb - today it has disappeared from the shelves of my local health food shop. When I asked they said it was discontinued. Granose Sausalatas also disappeared like this a couple of years ago. These were lovely vegetarian sausages liked by kids and adults alike.

Both these products were a really quick store cupboard meal & convenient to use. The new products in this line are packets of dried product that you have to add water to and form into burgers or sausages and do not taste or have the same texture as the old ones. But there is extra work and washing up bowls and other things that are used to mix and shape.
I do normally cook a proper fresh meal but just sometimes ( less than once a month) when i am in a hurry I like something quick.
Bah!

janebop

I too am really disappointed Granose Nuttolene is no longer available. I was brought up on it and have been eating it for decades.
Have you tried Granovita Nut luncheon? It's got the same ingredients, peanuts and salt, but doesn't taste quite as good - better than nothing though!

Moogie1947

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
janebop said:
I too am really disappointed Granose Nuttolene is no longer available. I was brought up on it and have been eating it for decades.
Have you tried Granovita Nut luncheon? It's got the same ingredients, peanuts and salt, but doesn't taste quite as good - better than nothing though!

Thanks for that. Did you find a good replacement for Sausalatas too, we loved then and nothing in the packet mix range is quite as nice?
I haven't tried the Granovita Nut luncheon - when I looked on the website, it gave a carb count but not if it was per 100g or per tin so have contacted them. I hope it is as low carb as the Nuttolene (or better).

magicterry2

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Nuttolene is available in New Zealand and Australia (also Nut Meat) I recently got some via a friend who was visiting Australia.
Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages are a good alternative to Sausalatas.

Miskondibe

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Nuttolene was made by Granose, a company owned and run by the Seven-day Adventist Church in the UK. It was established when vegetarian food was difficult to get. However, when vegetarianism became more popular, and many other companies were producing such foods, the Church decided (against the wishes of many members), to sell the company ( Granovita took over), and use the money for other outreach purposes.