Beef curry recipe.

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am looking for a suitable beef curry recipe. I'm struggling to find one online.

Does anyone have one? :)

B

badcat

I use this for lamb but guess it would work for beef too?

1) combine 1 onion, 2 chillies, 2 tbsp curry paste,2 cloves garlic, good handful of coriander leaves and roots, 1 -2 tsp each of ground cumin,turmeric and coriander, 2 tbsp coconut oil & a good sized piece ( 1-2") peeled ginger in a food processor to make a paste

2) gently fry the paste then add the meat and cook over a low heat

3) add 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp tomato purée, loads of ground black pepper,enough stock for the consistency you fancy & 2 chopped fresh tomatoes

4) cook over a med heat until meat is tender, add freshly chopped coriander ( I like a lot) & spinach, cook for another couple of minutes, serve with salad and a cucumber raita

I'm T2 and low carbing - I noticed you are T1 so you may need to either add something like cooked potatoes to the curry or serve with a soething like a wholemeal chapati or brown rice to balance insulin

Reactions: 3 people

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
badcat said:
I use this for lamb but guess it would work for beef too?

1) combine 1 onion, 2 chillies, 2 tbsp curry paste,2 cloves garlic, good handful of coriander leaves and roots, 1 -2 tsp each of ground cumin,turmeric and coriander, 2 tbsp coconut oil & a good sized piece ( 1-2") peeled ginger in a food processor to make a paste

2) gently fry the paste then add the meat and cook over a low heat

3) add 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp tomato purée, loads of ground black pepper,enough stock for the consistency you fancy & 2 chopped fresh tomatoes

4) cook over a med heat until meat is tender, add freshly chopped coriander ( I like a lot) & spinach, cook for another couple of minutes, serve with salad and a cucumber raita

I'm T2 and low carbing - I noticed you are T1 so you may need to either add something like cooked potatoes to the curry or serve with a soething like a wholemeal chapati or brown rice to balance insulin

Oh this is great. Thank you very much!

B

badcat

Hope you enjoy it. I often add the juice of 1/2 a lemon- not sure why it enhances some of the flavors but it seems to do so

B

badcat

I use 500g meat and 1 bag of spinach - get 3-4 portions depending how hungry I am. I sometimes add mushrooms or the flesh from a large oven baked aubergine instead of the spinach