Benecol Dairy free soya drink

bronte

Hi, I am trying to get my LDL down by diet intially and I wondered about trying Benecol Dairy free option. Per bottle the CHO are 1.9 of which 1.5 are sugars so this should be okay. I am conscious though that a lot of these things have trans fats in them. Have anyone tried these/do they do any good? If so how long does it take? Does anyone know whether the dairy free option contains any trans fats?

Thank you
Helen

barge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i tried flora pro active and my readings gradually started to go up until after 4 weeks one day was 16 i stopped taking it and it went back to normal.let me know if you get the same affect with benecol please as my colestral went up a little.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Why the dairy free option? I think I trust real milk more than chem lab plant milk.

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
I used the Flora Proactive and Benecol and have now discovered a much cheaper version from Aldis with slightly less plant strerols (1.6g) - £1.38 for 4.(Optifit)
Some confusing data for carbs though - It states 5.4g per bottle of which 6.8g is sugar!!!

Also I am thinking of ditching these drinks as my results to date are all positive EXCEPT for my cholesterol!!.

HBA1C 10.3 to 5.8
Trigs 7.7 to 1
Weight 17st 5 to 14 stone 3
Cholesterol 4.4 to 4.8!! :shock:

(Since April when I was dx'd)

Steve.