Benefits of flaxseed

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was shocked that they wrote me as a T2 and not a T1 and didn't give a **** when I was saying my bloods are going low.

If it were me, I would email the relevant head of department with name, address, NHS number, GP and point out that classifying me wrongly as a T2 could have had dire circumstances, especially as I was on morphine and dopey and suggest they review their admittance policy for people with diabetes.

I wear a Medic Alert bracelet because in addition to T2 I am allergic to penicillin. By doing that, I hope that any paramedic or doctor can be alerted to my probs and access Medic Alert to get details of my meds, GP, and next of kin whatever state I'm in. Might be an idea ?

I bought some Prewitts ground flaxseed in Morrisons today, 1.99 for 175g but I'm put off using it now. Firstly because I don't have digestive probs and don't want any and secondly because it doesn't seem like it tastes great

Last edited by a moderator:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I wrote a very strongly worded letter to PALS...
The trouble is when people get taken to A&E our files (hard copies) are not actually on site at the hospitals... Our hospital has to rent secure storage in a secure place for every persons records that are using that hospital. There is actually very little info on computers....
In A&E you are limited to consultants and nurses that may or may not have english as their first language. My A&E consultant and nurses did not have englush as their first language... But all the same they were working in an english hospital and should have understood the basics of the language to know the difference between 1 & 2!!!

I am assured that the staff that wrote the notes in my record for that day were informed. However the notes from that day could not be altered!!!

We are moving in a matter of weeks so it will be interesting if my new hospitals have the same problems with A&E.

Worthwhile trying to sneak a look at your notes though if anle to for any admittance to A&E!!

Reactions: 4 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my area you can opt in to have some info on your medical records accessible to hospitals within the trust area (only). I don't know whether that's a trust initiative or pilot or something being rolled out across the country eventually.

I'm pleased that you did make your views known ! I was an in-patient for a week back in 2008 and in my local hospital you are allowed to make a statement that is attached to your notes about what you want to happen or not if you wish.

The NHS should always ensure that staff can speak English fluently. In my local hospital most doctors are British born Pakistani & Indian or South African. The out of hours doctors covering my GP practice are often German however and several pharmacists are Polish.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
In my area you can opt in to have some info on your medical records accessible to hospitals within the trust area (only). I don't know whether that's a trust initiative or pilot or something being rolled out across the country eventually.

I'm pleased that you did make your views known ! I was an in-patient for a week back in 2008 and in my local hospital you are allowed to make a statement that is attached to your notes about what you want to happen or not if you wish.

The NHS should always ensure that staff can speak English fluently. In my local hospital most doctors are British born Pakistani & Indian or South African. The out of hours doctors covering my GP practice are often German however and several pharmacists are Polish.

That was a NHS England plan. I think we had to opt out didn't' tweet, if we didn't want our records shared?

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
@donnellysdogs thanks so much for sharing about flaxseed, I am definitely going to give it a try. I have SCT but not as bad as you do. Still, the condition does cause a fair amount of discomfort and sometimes pain. BTW I never use microlax enemas as they don't work and they cause pain... I use fleet enemas, and find them much better. I only need to use one occasionally, since I take meds for constipation. I want better results though so I will try flaxseed. Thanks again :)

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Husband managed to get home for lunch today and he mixed some of the Prewetts organic ground flaxseed into home-made dressing with tahini, to go over my avocado and I like it !

Reactions: 2 people