Best day of my life!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Apologies if this is too Facebooky.

Saturday (yesterday), my youngest daughter married: a happy day for any family, but especially for me because I only just made it.

I've been ill in hospital for the past two weeks and was only discharged at 3pm on Friday. Technically, I was discharged on Monday, but I was only well for one day before feeling sick again on Wednesday. By Thursday, I was very ill and refusing to return to hospital because I feared I'd miss the wedding (I didn't want to spoil my daughter's day). It was only when my wife first spoke to my consultant who told her to get me to A&E and even then she had to threaten to call an ambulance, did I overcome my stubbornness.

The amazing NHS medical team once again*, fixed me up, this time knowing about the forthcoming wedding, and by some miracle had me fit enough to (barely) stand the next day.

Here's a couple of photos (outshines by wife and cute granddaughter, then definitely outclassed by the glamorous bride!). The suit wasn't meant to be baggy, but I've lost 5kg in two weeks :)

IMG_1480866068.110006.jpg

IMG_1480866090.309958.jpg

Anyway, I walked her down the aisle and even managed a short dance at the (Christmas-themed) reception.

An amazing day I wanted to share with you and some good news!

*C/o Manchester Royal Infirmary - unfortunately my 6th visit in two years (with diabetes just being another "complication").

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Saturday (yesterday), my youngest daughter married: a happy day for any family, but especially for me because I only just made it.

I've been ill in hospital for the past two weeks and was only discharged at 3pm on Friday. Technically, I was discharged on Monday, but I was only well for one day before feeling sick again on Wednesday. By Thursday, I was very ill and refusing to return to hospital because I feared I'd miss the wedding (I didn't want to spoil my daughter's day). It was only when my wife first spoke to my consultant who told her to get me to A&E and even then she had to threaten to call an ambulance, did I overcome my stubbornness.

The amazing NHS medical team once again*, fixed me up, this time knowing about the forthcoming wedding, and by some miracle had me fit enough to (barely) stand the next day.

Here's a couple of photos (outshines by wife and cute granddaughter, then definitely outclassed by the glamorous bride!). The suit wasn't meant to be baggy, but I've lost 5kg in two weeks :)

View attachment 21257

View attachment 21258

Anyway, I walked her down the aisle and even managed a short dance at the (Christmas-themed) reception.

*C/o Manchester Royal Infirmary - unfortunately my 6th visit in two years (with diabetes just being another "complication").

congratulation to you all and what a beautiful bride and with her father by her side as it should be... wish you lots of love for you and your Family and happiness as well

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 21257

View attachment 21258

Lovely post from a happy and grateful, Dad and husband.

I do hope you manage to stay liberated this time!

A

asparagusp

I like happy stories! Congratulations and The Very Best Wishes to you and your family. Love, asparagusp

K

Kat100

View attachment 21257

View attachment 21258

Lovely photos , I love FB .. how nice you made it to the wedding I was delighted to hear that
Thank you for the link and the photo share .. glad you shared the wonderful day .. x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lovely photos - and a very heartwarming story :) It's fantastic you made it to to the wedding after being so ill :cool:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Lovely post @Ledzeptt - congratulations to your beautiful daughter and well done for making it :)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Thanks everyone :)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on making an important contribution to an exceedingly important day for all concerned. I bet your family were hugely proud of you!

rachelli66

Type of diabetes
Type 2

View attachment 21257

View attachment 21258